Intro

Hello from Georgia.

I’m generally not crazy about using the term Anarchist to describe myself, only because the term is used in all sorts of ways to mean all sorts of things, many of them quite negative.

The Random House Dictionary however gives a definition in which I regard the term Anarchist: “theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.” I don’t see the ideal as something that will necessarily rid the world of rulers. I see it more as a matter of personal conduct; that is to not rule over others and to avoid lending support to those who do as much as it is possible. Probably the best way to achieve this is to seek others who share the same ideology and to live within communities that essentially create parallel societies.

Can’t really remember how I found the forum. Searched for Somalia/Forkfest. Maybe a comment on the Whova app?

I’m joining the forum to connect with Somaliafest/Forkfest anarchists that will be at Rogers Campground before and during Porcfest 2019. I’m arriving Friday, June 14th and will be there through the end of PF.

Look forward to hanging out in NH!

welcome, thanks for connecting with us

I’ll be at RCG from Friday evening (06/14) through the end of PF. Would like to hang out with my fellow Somalis. Funny thing, I was at PF last year too. Had someone that was actually from Somalia show up on the neighboring campsite. Good guy.

Any ways, who’s going? Would like to connect.

I’ll be there. You may want to post your plans in the Forkfest subforum as well. Plus, there’s a telegram group at http://telegram.forkfest.party

Will do. And thanks for the telegram invite.