I have arrived in The Shire and it is beautiful!

Howdy!

My name is Eton and my friend and fellow sovereign man, Paladin, convinced me Coos county was the best place to find peace and freedom in NH. He was also the one who told me about this forum. I said “what the heck” and headed on over. I am the second Alaskan that I know of to move to Coos. So far, I am liking what I see.

I am an infrastructure technician and fiber guy. It looks like there is work to be had here which is great.

I am looking to network and find some business. Anybody need help?

I will need a truck. Anyone selling a reliable truck?

This is my first week here. Any suggestions on how best to get aquatinted with the place?

I’m excited to meet you all.

FREEDOM!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Sorry for the delay’d approval. Crazy busy around here.

There are a lot of technical folks in New Hampshire. I’m not sure about that far north, but I’d suggest coming out to Porcfest and Forkfest this summer. It’s a great opportunity to meet people. There should also be a potluck that rotates in the north country too right around where you are. That would be another thing to check out. I think that is monthly. I’d suggest emailing FSP and see what they say. https://www.fsp.org/

Welcome and congrats. Maybe @clamoring can help with networking up there.

2 Likes

Hello Eton, welcome!

I too want to settle in Coos. and yes, @clamoring is definitely someone to get to know. I have attended some of the monthly pot-lucks in the North Country. I really like the whole atmosphere, and great people, in Coos.

You can also try the North Country group on FB - I don’t use FB anymore, but as far as I know, there’s still a flourishing group over there.

2 Likes

yes that group on fb is active

1 Like

wow this is great: Welcome Eton sir!

1 Like

If anyone is looking to rent a vehicle while saving up to buy PM me, I have some that may work.