Hoping to move to NH soon & looking for a room

Hi everyone - a little about myself, I’m a fellow libertarian/ancap with a NRx bent (big Curtis Yarvin fan) and am hoping to move to NH, preferably in or around Keene in the coming months. I’ve lived in CA for pretty much my whole life but the decline, banality and groupthink have given me no choice but to leave.

I’m a a male in my early 20s, I’ve had work experience in computational genomics and quantitative finance but am now hoping to transition into a career in crypto, preferably with BTC/LN. I don’t have a FB account so I can’t join the FSP housing group so if anyone has or knows anyone who has a room they’d be willing to rent out I’m interested.

Hoping to meet all of you in person sometime soon!

Welcome!

Well, first welcome. I can’t say I know anyone whose looking to rent a room I don’t think. There is a like-minded individual whose got a house up for rent though in the Keene area. I have to say congrats on the no facebook thing. Lot of people here left facebook or individuals like myself never got on facebook. It was always evil in my humble opinion! Let us know when you come and/or come up for a visit.

I will say one other thing. Housing is a challenge these days. There is more demand in NH than ever before. It use to be the other way round. I guess that is how you know our numbers are growing. ok ok that was a bit of a joke. They are growing by leaps and bounds though.

Thanks @FTL_Ian, and thanks for the note @penguin, will certainly shoot out a post before heading up.

Hey, I’m also a fellow libertarian/ancap in my 20s and looking to move to the Keene area. I will be moving on March 27-28th. If you’re interested in finding a housemate and we can possibly saving some money, let me know!

Sure @dombash! DMing you.

Not familiar with NRx but very interesting - thanks for sharing that.

Hey Penguin, I am looking for a room too. You know anyone?

is PorcManor.com still a thing for helping these folks find rooms?

aww I’m not sure where you are looking for a room exactly, but I’ll let the one free stater landlords whose got a few places in the Keene area whose probably the most likely person to have a room know you are looking. I think there is another person or entity that rents rooms above the quill in Manchester. That might be another place to look. I would probably suggest reaching out to Chris Lopez who is the moving coordinator as I think she would have the contact for that person/place: chris @ fsp. org … unfortunately while there are actually a lot of people who rent trying to figure out whose got something open can be a challenge. There is/might be new folks with a place near Keene who may be renting an RV and/or space for an RV. As the owner is selling the place to hopefully another free stater that might or might not be an option (?soon? maybe a month or two). Another person you might want to reach out to is ian at freetalklive com. He’s usually got a list of contacts and good recommendations too. And as Dave pointed out I think there is still Jim and Laura too, but I don’t know if they’ve got availability. I’ll ping Jim and let him know about this thread. They’re in the Keene area as well.

nope

jim and lauren are full right now

Matt said he has an apartment available in Hinsdale that is about ~30 from Keene he is looking to rent if you are interested. If you want it you can pm him. His username is @matt_s:matrix.lrn.fm on Matrix. If you haven’t utilized Matrix before it’s basically the decentrlaized or federated platform everyone’s been moving to, as everything else is pretty much compromised in one way or another (people being kicked, banned, censored, or even entire communities deleted, etc). There are directions on how to get on at https://chat.lrn.fm and there is even a short video now on it at: https://www.freedomdecrypted.com/public_html/demos/installing-schildi-chat-to-use-matrix-on-lineage-graphene-android-etc.mp4 (yes, it is actually free software unlike signal which has a proprietary component which could put you at risk)

1 Like

That site has been sold/given to Porcupine Real Estate. They can help people point to resources for renting.

1 Like

good to have you here AK

There’s a room in Winchester available for short term stays while you look for something.
Did we meet? Assuming you made it and are thriving @a_k
PM to discuss, preferably to t.me/elstone