Hello friends

Hello friends,

Phil here, crypto user referred via cryptotip.org. I’m here to talk shop about cryptotip because I think it’s a great idea. I printed up my first tip cards but I can’t scan the barcodes into my bitcoin.com wallet, the wallet just hangs. Anyone else having success with that? The alternate URL works but entering that in and then entering a BCH address, well, sucks. Ok thanks guys.

Those codes are URLs, not private keys. You must scan with a web browser or barcode scanner - NOT a crypto wallet. These are for giving crypto to newbies who do not have a wallet yet.

Hope that helps!

I guess the assumption is that the receiver is unfamiliar and has no wallet. I haven’t looked but it should be clear for a person that does have a bit of experience.

Got it, thanks. I don’t know how common mobile devices with pre-installed QR scanners there are, mine doesn’t include one. Of course it’s easy to install one.

I wonder if it’s possible to also squeeze in a QR for the private key? It would be so cool to just help people setup a wallet on the spot (I’ve got that down to about 90 seconds) and then scan in their balance.

These aren’t intended to be private keys. There’s definitely no room. This is a business-card sized printable.

The benefit of it not being a private key is that it expires on a certain date you set and then you get your crypto back if your prospect didn’t do anything by the deadline. Much better than a private key.

If you have time to help someone with a wallet setup then you can just send them crypto from your wallet - this is for leaving with people who are busy - like a server at a restaurant.