Hello everyone!

Hello I hope everyone is doing well. My name is Mike and I live in Chicago. I’ve come to this forum to discuss general topics of liberty and the likes. I’ve been an FTL long time listener and Amplifier which is how I heard of this forum. Honestly even though I’ve listened for so long I never created an account here lol. I’ve grown tired of the discussions on reddit so I thought I’d give this a try. I will be around periodically and if anyone is interested in what’s it’s like to live in a city that has the highest gun violence please don’t hesitate to message me!

1 Like

Welcome. Are you planning to move to the Shire?

1 Like

Maybe someday. I’m actually considering a move to Colorado within the next decade. My father lives there now and at some point I would like to be closer to him as he gets up in age. Speaking of, Ian is there a way you could put me in touch with James Cleaveland? I will be going out to Colorado in about a month and from listening to the show I know he drives out there. Maybe he would be willing to pick me up from airport and I could compensate him without uber taking their cut? It’s a surprise visit to see my dad or else Id have him come get me. Please let me know and I understand if he isn’t interested.

I’ll link him to this thread.

hi mike! too bad i won’t be seeing you in new hampshire, i’m moving soon and look forward to making a real difference. our concentrated impact there is like 100x more time/cost effective than anywhere else. if you want to optimize your time and value i’d suggest making the move. anyways i’m very happy to see you here regardless! welcome to the shire society forums! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ever think about migrating your dad to New Hampshire?

Sure I have definitely thought about it. The thing is though is he moved out there to retire. He bought a house and had solar panels installed. It’s doubtful he would make back his investment in the current resale climate.

True- but if he is needing your help- it’s probably not going to matter much… at that point. You got to think of yourself too. Personally my dad is also probably getting to that point, but I moved, bought a house in NH, and when it comes time he’s got to either figure it out (with help if need be) or he’s moving in with my brother or us here in NH… he just bought a townhouse (downgrade, parents split)… but he’s close to 70. Doubt he has much longer. 5-10 years at the most if he is lucky (he has some medical conditions which while he is taking care of and not too inhibiting will likely shorten his life a bit, he has already outlived by a long shot his dad). Fortunately he’s still capable of living on his own, etc and if we are lucky maybe he’ll be able to until the very end.