Greetings and Salutions

Greetings to all! My name is Mike and I am an FSP signer. Currently working from home as an IT dev-ops guy of sorts and trying to convince the rest of the family that NH would be a good move. That’s pretty much the only thing stopping me from moving right now. I love liberty and I really want to live near like-minded individuals. I first learned of the Shire Society from Ian Freeman’s Porcupine Poll. Maybe by the time I get there, you guys will have done away with the awful NH vehicle inspections. None of my vehicles will ever come close to passing! :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Lots of families are moving all across NH for a reason. Not only is it and Vermont the two safest states from murder and violent crime, but also…

Plus, have you seen the 101 Reasons Liberty Lives in NH?

Vegarding car inspections - just keep it registered where it’s currently registered. I got away with that for 6-7 years and I have a target on my back.

Alternately, if you want to spend a little for extra security, get an LLC from invisiblellc.com and then register the cars in Wisconsin or Montana. Problem solved.

InGuard also takes BitCoins for car insurance in NH. It’s not mandatory in NH but most people do have it as one is still liable. Not to mention one may want some financial protection in the event of an accident.

I’d like to know what happens if you register it under an LLC in Wisconsin or Montana and also want to get car insurance. I know that in states with car insurance mandated by law it’s some sort of crime to register in another state although the LLC might solve the legal problems. I don’t know. Of course what you can get away with and what is legal are two different things. My concern would be more along the line of insurance paying out or being charged with insurance fraud.

First thing to do is visit. Liberty Forum is right around the corner. It is fun, professional, conference type event set in the middle of winter. This allows you to see the city during the winter (not sure where you are coming from, but for many that is something new, or intimidating). A few hundred people attend and more are in the area to meet up with. Then if you can, come back in the summer for PorcFest, or just travel around camping - we did both last summer and really got a feel for the Shire.

1 Like

Ian, thanks for the info, however “keepyourassets.net” is an ad website with no value. It looks like it has been shutdown. Interested in getting Montana plates, however the Montana DMV requires a real, physical mailing address. Looking at making a 501-c3 in Montana and registering the vehicles there, however I lack the physical mailing address to make it happen. Everything I do I want to keep 100% legal. I don’t have any issues with paying NH the registration tax, it’s considerably cheaper than where I’m at now, however I draw the line at the overbearing safety inspection. The standards are ridiculously high and are designed to enrich your mechanic.

The LLC can be registered to someone in Montana so usually you pay someone for this service and they setup the LLC for you and register it to whatever physical address is setup for the LLC which again is a service being done for you so somebody else took care of it.

@Gruic, sorry - looks like he has a new site: http://invisibleLLC.com

Dude that runs the site is a good guy, libertarian bitcoiner. He’s helpful if you have questions.

It’s so tempting to undertake that… one day I should find out more.

If you go to the new site, it only offers a New Mexico LLC. I’d really need a Montana registered agent I could trust. Different states have different pros/cons depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If/when I make the move to the NH, I don’t want to have to deal with vehicle inspection as I have a whole collection of them. Montana offers a one time fee plate for cars older than 25 years old and older and this is exactly what I need. I think the key to making this actually work is to have a Montana “registered agent” and have that person be registered to a non-profit. NH has a law that says if you are a business and the vehicle is primarily housed in NH, you have to have NH plates and inspection. However that law doesn’t seems to address non-profit-organizations. I will do more research and let people know what I find out.

Gruic, your information is incorrect.

In Montana, it’s vehicles 11 years or older that are permanently registerable, not 25. Anyone can register a vehicle in Montana with an address there, that includes out of state corporations, like the NM LLC that is anonymous.

What is the statute you’re citing? I’d like to see it, please.

The NM LLC looks like the least scammy thing on that website! :smiley: