FTL Discussion 2017 Week 50

Free Talk Live
Sunday 12/10/2017 to
Saturday 12/16/2017

Free Talk Live
Free Talk Live 2017-12-10
Dec 11, 2017 at 00:12 · 2:01:50
Portugal Drug Policy :: Heroin Crisis :: Prohibition Success? :: Cigarette Taxes :: Liquor and Crack :: Cop Lover :: No Good Cops? :: Building Police Alternatives :: Self-Imprisonment :: Economics in one Lesson on Inflation :: Hyperinflation :: Postal Threat :: HOSTS - Ian, Mark
web: freetalklive.com
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-12-10

I’ve seen that cop video of that poor guy getting killed by the pigs and I just don’t understand how that jury saw evidence to indicate that he didn’t simply commit murder. Does anyone have any additional info about that? I mean the video is obviously one sided. How can they not see clearly that the cop is a murderer?

It is called jury nullification, and many libertarians think it is great.

Cops benefit from jury nullification more than anyone else.

Maybe jury nullification activists were handing out flyers in front of the court.

1 Like

So, the jurors decide prior to even hearing/seeing evidence that they are going to free the cop? You think they really are that organized?

That is the presumption. Innocent until proven guilty.

I think they are that brainwashed.

Wow. I guess I’m a bit naive. What a sad thing.

I’ve been playing around with bitshares, a truly decentralized crypto exchange (DEX). Aside from the 0.2% fee openledger takes off of each open asset trade it seems really nice.
They currently support BTC/LTC/Dash/ETH and many others which once gated in have little fees for transfer/trades on via the bitshares network. openledger has a gateway for all those to come in/out of the platform for now but they’re hopefully developing atomic swaps in to remove that centralization and allow a true DEX for all the crypto’s. HMU if you want to discuss any of that, they need more liquidity but otherwise seems like an amazing step forward.

Free markets for the win!

re: sunday’s show
technically alcohol (all versions) is a poison; not a drug.
uses include sterilization (better methods exist)and cleaning (again better methods exist)

Free Talk Live
Free Talk Live 2017-12-11
Dec 11, 2017 at 23:58 · 2:02:05
College Campus Coffee Shop Kicks Out Republican Students for Violating Safe Space :: Triggered! :: Chronic Callers :: What is a contract? :: Free State Project :: Bundy Trial Update :: Care Bears at College Dorm :: Twitter is Not Free Speech :: Arguing on Facebook :: Public Access :: HOSTS - Ian, Mark, Melanie
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-12-11

(putting on troll hat)
Back in the day, we used to call it “pushing people’s buttons” or “fighting words”.

It’s easy to trigger anybody as long as you know what upsets them.
For example, @FTL_Ian is easily triggered just by calling the Johnson/Weld ticket from 2016 Libertarians. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s such a ridiculous term. Triggered. Buncha pansy liberal college momma’s boys.

1 Like

Has Ricky picked up a drawl recently??

1 Like

It comes in and out. Does Jefferson Davis havd a drawl?

1 Like

Considering Davis came from Mississippi I’d guess so. I live minutes from “The Commonwealth” and not sure I’ve ever heard anything more than a hillbilly accent. I can’t even hear what he’s saying anymore. All I can think of is the voice.

1 Like

Free Talk Live
Free Talk Live 2017-12-12
Dec 12, 2017 at 22:06 · 2:01:06
Localbitcoins Trader Going to Prison :: Selling Virtual Goods :: Callers Scared? :: Gamers Mad About Star Wars Battlefront 2 :: Loot Boxes and Gambling :: Money and Gaming :: Murder of Daniel Shaver :: Police Discretion :: Tether :: Coffee Shop Expectations :: ACLU Sues Over Border Patrol Checkpoints :: HOSTS - Ian, Johnson, Will
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-12-12

Free Talk Live
Free Talk Live 2017-12-13
Dec 13, 2017 at 22:21 · 2:02:05
Bitcoin Power Consumption Fears :: Are average consumers ready for bitcoin? :: Two Factor Frustration :: Luddites :: Right to Eat :: Ricky and Right to Travel :: Resist the Empire Marathon :: Scary Digital Currency Regulations Proposed :: Bitcoin Investment and Altcoins :: Bitcoin Debit Cards :: HOSTS - Ian, Mark, Mike
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-12-13

regarding passwords this xkcd comic applies:

1 Like

Free Talk Live
Free Talk Live 2017-12-14
Dec 14, 2017 at 19:00 · 2:00:36
Michigan State students find $21T in unauthorized spending :: DoD to conduct first ever departmentwide audit :: Reasons for high government spending :: Trump wants the federal government to use cloud-based services :: Government effenciency :: Ricky ordered pizza :: Ricky is now southern :: Trump wants to go to the moon :: Space travel :: Sarah says there was no moon landing :: Killer window blind cords :: HOSTS - Darryl, Chris & Heather
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-12-14

Can’t get the amp podcast to download

1 Like