FTL 2017-10-22 Discussion

Free Talk Live 2017-10-22
Oct 23, 2017 at 00:22 · 2:01:36
Tax Cap :: Catalonia Independence Update :: Catalonian Resistance :: Trump to Open JFK Files? :: Anti-Irish Scott :: What is Antifa? :: Stossel on Secession :: Bernanke Attacks Bitcoin :: Goldman Sachs Attacks Bitcoin, Says Gold Better :: Working Within the System :: LSD Helpful Tips :: HOSTS - Ian, Mark, Jonny Ray
web: freetalklive.com
link: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2017-10-22

Re: Secessionist Movements…
I hear people defending the possibility of secessions occurring throughout the world and they use the example of the American Revolution as an example.
I think that this is not a good comparison to make for two major reasons.

1. Colonial America was separated from its parent country by an entire ocean. (Not to mention that during the War we had the French government’s help)

2. There are no longer any vacant places on the earth that are not, wholly or partially, controlled by a major military power…this means that if a group of people want to leave a country, they can only do so by joining another country. (Whether they mean to or not).

I admit that I’m playing the “devil’s advocate” here a little.

1. Nuclear weapons did not exist at the time.

Now, of course, you just don’t go lobbing nukes on rebelling populations like it’s nothing. But they provide a sense of “fuck you” autonomy to the countries that possess them.

The “war” will never be won by killing each other anyway, so I’ve come to a personal conclusion that secession/armed rebellion is a really poor way to achieve a higher level of peace.

2 Likes