Forkfest Events, Speeches, Presentations and Seminars

Do ya think they’d do it themselves if they knew where and how to do it? That’s where “promotion” comes in. Maybe I shouldn’t have called it “promotion”…how about “let people know” where the resource is. I sure don’t.

But you do, Tim. As I pointed out upthread the details of where it is and how to use it are available by clicking here.

Aha! THERE it is. Okay…now get out there and PUBLICIZE it so people will know where to go for both scheduling Forkfest stuff AND attending those things that are scheduled!

No? Bad idea?

That’s a great idea, you should do that!

1 Like

I’ve already talked on-air on multiple occasions about how people are scheduling things on the forum. More people in this forum means more people seeing the threads.

If people actually use this thing organically, it will be added to the website as a resource.

Someone who wanted to promote could drop a mention in the Telegram chat, for one.

1 Like

I wonder—and I’m just musing here—if this episode isn’t an example of the dysfunctionality (or non-functionality) of anarchism…in the sense of not having a structure designed to ensure that things get things done.

Oh…and a special shout-out to Jay: “No…YOU do it.” :o)

https://forkfest.party/

Quotes from that site:

“Forkfest - No one is in charge, so everyone is.”

“No one is in charge and the event is decentralized. So, it’s up-to-you what happens!”

I’m not sure what you expected. If you want structure, you’re going to have to make your own…as people have tried to explain multiple times here.

But you were just trolling from the beginning the entire time here to make a point about “those silly anarchists”, right? Kinda seemed like it, now I know for sure. You’re one funny old fart. Hue hue hue.

Ouch! I am undone by Jay! On the other hand…what he tells me about “no structure” reinforces my point.

“Silly anarchists”? No. Youthful, uninformed and misguided perhaps, but also good-of-heart. (Which is more than Mises was willing to grant; he referred to them as “shallow-minded” and “dull”, which I do not.) :wink:

Only to a welfare queen looking at the world through entitled eyes.

It’s actually a perfect example of the efficiency of the free market. Forkfest will happen because people that want it (the market) will make it happen and no one’s wasting resources creating things that those people don’t truly want (a centralized schedule).

2 Likes

there is now at least one event on the Calendar!

1 Like

EXCELLENT!

Hmmm…not working for me. I wanted to put “FORKFEST TODAY!” on every day from the 14th through the 18th of June…but it won’t let me. Is it because I’m a welfare queen?

If you’re using the link in your previous reply you’re looking at the wrong calendar.

If you want technical support, please post over in the Officially Unofficial Forkfest 2018 Events Calendar thread detailing exactly how you tried to add and what, exactly, happened.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic split post - anarchy or something

if you want to complain about libertarians and anarchists on this forum Tim … why are you here?

1 Like

He wants to tell us how we’re doing it wrong, and why we should do it his way. But he can’t make it to the party to give his speech, or something. I dunno.

2 Likes

Hi Russell, long time no see! I’m here because I love liberty, meaning I want to live my life in my own way, the way I choose to live it. That means strategizing and acting in ways to minimize or neutralize the power of (the majority of) humans who seek to gain and wield power over others. The Free State Project itself is one such effort, and it explicitly is not limited to libertarians (not to mention anarchists); this means that other liberty-lovers are recognized as valuable allies who are invited to come to live in NH by the FSP and join the fray. Although formerly a libertarian, I don’t see it as a viable route anymore, and in fact libertarians are in some ways helping to prevent decreasing the power of the state (think of the LP running candidates against Ron Paul when he was in Congress; think open borders to increase the proportion of the population who are cultural statists, think forcing Christian bakeries to bake gay wedding cakes, think of people who could run as Republicans and win seats in the General Court but want to parade their purity by running LP and always losing…sometimes ensuring that super-statists get elected instead of a less-bad GOP candidate). So…here I am! :o)

Thank you for giving me that chance to explain myself Russell…but what the hell, don’t you people like diversity around here? :slight_smile:

OOOWWWW! (As Lloyd Danforth said, "libertarians [and other freedom-lovers] not only don’t like each other…they can barely tolerate each other!) :wink:

Republicans (or Liberals) will be tarred-and-feathered upon entry.
Samm

The instigator that stirred the shit pot is pulling a “can’t we all just get along?”? For fuck’s sake…

1 Like