F*ck Peace/Hunger strike in a FEMA camp

Vincent praises the french fuel tax protesters for their activism and asks Ian what the best type of activism is when one is inside a FEMA camp.

one option in any imprisonment scenario would be to try and create a newspaper, perhaps handwritten, inside the facility. obviously it would be supressed but then a cat and mouse game would presumably ensue where folks are copying and distributing the thing, again maybe by hand. it would give everyone something to do if they want and some sort of entertainment to read.

according to gary north, soviet dissident vladamir bukovsky used a loophole in soviet law that enabled him to turn the prison he was in… into a sort of grievance factory. apparently they filed grievances against everyone of any importance in soviet society, and the law required each target to respond to the grievance. i’m not sure exactly what the equivalanet would be in the U.S. system.

when i was in the cheshire co. jail for trying to film in the court lobby, one of the other guys in solitary had a complaint so all of us in solitary wrote notes to jail officials on his behalf. also I wrote an editorial to publish in liberty leaning papers.

There is the option of refusing to do labor or organizing a labor strike… the folks in there are slaves but the prisons depend on that nearly-free labor, to be profitable.

a last option that comes to mind would be setting up some sort of unauthorized flea market or yard sale. again, the supression of the thing would become the source of the excitement and it probably woudl not be able to buy or sell much.

as always, the obedient slaves would be turned against the rebellious ones and all of these options would come at some physical risk. ultimately one would have to decide if the need to provide resistance and the need to alleviate boredom, outweighs the danger.

all of the options above would be most effective if the public were kept informed of them, or aware that it had been cut off from communication with the leader of the revolt.

in cheshire, there was stuff to do, to keep busy, but at first there was not enough. important thing is there are always options for weakening the enemy or strengthening the pro freedom faction, even if only a bit.