California Can Now Jail People For Misusing Gender Pronouns

Inch by inch…

Misgendering someone causes mental anguish which counts as aggression so this is perfectly fine according to libertarian principles.

Riiiiight.

a few thoughts: (and I’m in no way defending the law here)
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB219

1. this new law applies to “Long-term care facilities”
  2. the new law would not jail someone for an accidental misuse of a pronoun, only for “willfully and repeatedly failing to use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns after being clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns”

in other words: DailyCaller is reporting hyperbole instead of the facts. As I said at the beginning of my comment: I’m not defending the law, simply pointing out that DC could have said it’s a bad law without misrepresenting what the law does!

1 Like

They can, but they can’t, which is to say they’ll get away with it until someone with the perfect case and some backing takes it to the Supremes (not the California ones.) Of course, the Supremes have surprised us before…

I’m feeling very mentally anguished by that claim.

1 Like

I personally have no problem with people and their own gender pronouns but when they want to involve the state and force me one way or another, thats not cool.
They may be heading down to forced wearing of badges and labeling everyones gender. This is how gov works when you involve them.

1 Like

That’s the issue, it’s compelled speech. Inching towards 1984…

California is on a roll this week with legalizing insanity:

in other words: DailyCaller is reporting hyperbole instead of the facts. As I said at the beginning of my comment: I’m not defending the law, simply pointing out that DC could have said it’s a bad law without misrepresenting what the law does!

It’s obviously a click-baity title. Headlines like “California Passes Bill to Punish Long-term Care Facility workers from Purposeful Misuse of The Wrong Pronoun for Residents” doesn’t get as many clicks from hysterical and angry conservatives lol.

Not only that, but it changes the entire tone of the article. This seems to be more about abuse of people in long-term care than it does being a tumblr type thing.

1 Like

The elite parasites are trying to make people move from California. Check out the site that military suppliers, governments, journalists, +++ around the world use, as they don’t lie like government agencies do: their projected population of United States in 2025 is 54 million.

…that website I mentioned earlier (oops!) is http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx