Buying Altcoins

I have a theory that the alt coin that becomes the easiest to buy, will dominate BTC.

From how I understand it now, the only other two curriences that are like that would be Litecoin and Ether- which we can see right now a rising in value.

In my personal opinion I really just think that is what’s causing the spike in Ether and Litecoin. I predict that BTC isn’t going to see a super increase like we’ve been seeing. It’s easy to find now that when you search BTC you’ll find searches on other coins. Even more so, people who are sharing what they know about crypto are telling others to buy altcoins, for the low fee and potential increase.

Thoughts?

It’s still easier to buy and trade in Bitcoin than any other cryptocurrency, worldwide.

Bitcoin Core is also the only cryptocurrency in widespread use. The price of others is almost entirely based on speculation…people hoping to hit the lottery. What do people use Litecoin for? Etherium’s value is largely based on ICO’s of which 99% are scams or hopeless business plans. At least people are using Monero to buy “illegal” stuff on the darknet.

Them’s the facts, not marketing pitches.

I get all that. What I’m saying is that then next coin that’s is easier to buy like BTC, will topple BTC in the charts. No one wants to pay these fees, but sorta have to go convert to the coin they really want.
I see where it’s sorta speculation, but when it’s push comes to shove, the next coin will beat BTC. It wouldn’t make any sense other wise. To buy at an atm machine is 15% above market price plus transaction fee! No newbie wants to do that. On the other hand, we see a coin going for ease of use- you best believe that coin is going to explode.

Another questions, is it not Dash that’s working hard on mass adoption? I wouldn’t be surprised if Dash is the coin to do it.

I think you’re looking at Dash and Bitcoin Cash, though the word “altcoin” is more than “iffy.”

Once Bitcoin Core crashes and burns, I’m pretty sure Bitcoin Cash will be recognized as just Bitcoin. There is a huge wave of companies that put a lot of support into Bitcoin, having faith they’d fix the scaling issue, and when they got shunned over the 2x thing, most of them started the move to Bitcoin Cash.

Dash, to their credit, has worked hard to market their coin, and will continue to do so, in a way other coins just can’t. I expect that to pay off.

1 Like

See this is the response I was looking for. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Still waiting for a privacy coin to win me over. I have to admit a weird attraction to zk-SNARKS over integrated coin mixing, which I’m hearing Bitcoin Cash will also have. Still waiting for the banker types to call any privacy coin “money laundering,” since they pretty much lost that claim on Bitcoin, which is clearly a public ledger, and hard to call “money laundering.” Sadly, once cryptocurrency is called money, coin mixing seems a shoe in for the very definition. Not looking forward to seeing how that goes. Then again, just like the drug war, there’s not much they can do about it.

1 Like

look into ZenCash

2 Likes

Has ZCash or ZenCash showed up on any POS?

both are options for any merchant using CoinPayments.net

2 Likes