Bitcoin just broke its all-time high on Bitcoin Average!

It’s happened! $1183.59 was the peak on 2013-11-28 according to BitcoinAverage.com at about 10:13pm Eastern time the price set a new all-time-high. As I write this, the price is over $1188!

WOO! GO BITCOIN!

(fix those fees!)

1 Like

I’m not sure I can get excited about this. Although an upward direction is still better than a downward one.

How much would get you excited? It already blew past $1200 tonight.

1 Like

the price set a new all-time-high.

That’s a very Fed-centric interpretation of the facts.

Personally, I would say the dollar has reached an new all-time low.

It’s still poking at $1200, and both silver and gold are inching upwards as well. The coinciding PM movement suggests that this is a more dollar centric move, as mackler suggests. However, regardless, it’s good to see bitcoin maintaining in the face of apparent inflationary losses by the dollar.

Gold Price Per Ounce: $1,237.20

1 BTC: 1293.60 US Dollar

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup. And it’s not going to stop, either. :slight_smile:

FTL_Ian: Not sure. I don’t see BTC as a good investment from a financial stand point if all you are doing is buying Bitcoin, holding, and selling it when it goes up. I’ll admit I’ve benefited from its increasing price overall, but I would not argue that those benefits exceed what I’m making from other investments given the long time frames involved. I want to double my money every 12 months. Having to wait 2-3 years for the numbers to return to what they were is not an acceptable risk and more could have been made through investing in businesses.

It’s a good “investment” if you are investing in spreading it, or a good investment if you are involved in profiting from the spread of BTC (ie through vending machines, accepting it, operating an exchange, maybe Bitcoin mining at one time or if you actually are setup right today, or similar).

So yea- I make a little money today- but I make a lot of money from my real investments. I’m not seeing how an increase in Bitcoin’s value equates to increased adoption (not sure anyone is even arguing that) and that increased adoption is what makes it more valuable to me. Not an increase in its price. When Bitcoin and particularly Z.Cash is seeing widespread adoption that’ll get me excited. Every time we get a new business accepting Bitcoin- that gets me excited. An increase in price? Not so much.