Amplifying NH independence from jail

So far we’ve had it easy in this independence drive when you consider Catalans are still being hunted down all over Europe for doing basically the same thing. Our misguided Fed brothers and sisters deserve a hat tip for their quiet reaction, but this is just starting. Here’s what each of us can do from inside jail if we get put there. These are * options * , a menu to pick from, which is likely to make your treatment harsher… but your cause stronger. The fullness of your compliance does you shame; the brutality of your enemies does you honor. Can you do roughly half of these things, as I plan to do and have already done?

) First, avoid active physical resistance that would make someone fear for their safety or anything that could reasonably be interpreted as such. They benefit from that; don’t help them.

) Having said that, consider going for your camera/phone/recorder and filming your arrest, even if they tell you to put your hands up. Facing away from them may help them feel less threatened. Try to have it with you in each part of the house that you visit, all day every day. Live steaming ability is best if possible but i’ve never found a good service for this. Meanwhile, trying and failing to record is much better than not even trying.

) Consider making the arrest about independence (assuming you are an advocate for your state’s independence from the Union). No matter what the charges are, assume that you may have wound up there because of your involvement in the independence drive, or your activism in general. Your arrest is the arrest of an independence activist, and no matter where they got you in the U.S., you were arrested and then held by Fed-funded institutions.

) Consider not walking toward them or toward the sound of breaking glass in your home as Ian Freeman did, consider refusing to reveal your location or presence within the house.

) Consider complying with their orders at minimum speed or make them drag you places like Pete Eyre and Lauren Canario. The latter works better for women.

) Make sure that any confiscated video or audio becomes an issue…. What are they hiding? Make sure video and audio not confiscated gets publicized.

) Go peaceably but not quietly. Maybe you should be screaming for help from neighbors and for more videographers during the arrest? The media videographer who filmed the 1994 Waco shootout and saved an ATF agent…got assaulted by Feds as he was evacuating the scene. But he had trained himself to yell for help, which males don’t do naturally. It may have saved his life. The French Republic didn’t stop its terror in the 1795 era…until people stopped trying to be dignified at the guillotine and instead lost their decorum. Consider doing that.

) Write down everything of interest that happens to you, have your calls from jail recorded and broadcast…read your written record out loud to the public.

) Consider refusing to provide your personal information to the jail, or delay it as long as possible, or limit it. Do not consent to TB tests or other medical tests, or delay them etc. They will retaliate but it will be expensive for them probably. You also can then publicize what they did to you.

) Consider starting a prison labor strike. Announce it to the public and the rest of the jail; try to spread it to other jails. Refuse to work in the kitchen, etc. Certainly do not produce anything that would help the government. Ask other detainees to do the same…American governments are able to jail so many people because they use their labor for profit. Make your stay cost them financially:
2016 U.S. prison strike - Wikipedia
) Consider refusing bond/bail or delay accepting it, certainly don’t accept just any bail conditions, consider refusing to pay the bail bondsman who is parasiting off of the system. I don’t think they are allowed to make you pay them in New Hampshire, i.e. you’re allowed to refuse to pay them bc of a new law.
) Request your lawyer as frequently as you can afford maybe? Max out your public defender if you have one of those instead perhaps? Uncharted territory for me.
) Consider starting an unauthorized jail paper. Dictate it to other detainees if they take your pen. Have them and your outside supporters make copies and spread the copies in and outside jail. Publicize your faith in your fellow inmates to the extent you can and politicize their cases; give them a higher calling. The Sarajevo daily Oslobodenje didn’t achieve greatness because of its circulation, production values or writing style…They achieved it because they published a message of ethnic tolerance every day during a four-year siege, from the basement of a destroyed office building 100 yards behind the front line of an ethnic war.

) Learn Spanish to improve relations across the language barrier, presumably it’s the #2 language in New Hampshire jails. Or have supporters send you a spanish language book in jail.

) Maybe attempt to file written complaints against key perpetrators with which you have had contact. This should be done as officially as possible, but for the moment I don’t know much about that and at first it may just be pen and paper handed to a guard. If possible, organize other detainees to mass produce such complaints the way Vlad Bukovsky did in Soviet jails: How To Bring Down the System - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

We started to do this when I was at Cheshire County jail for refusing to turn my camera off in the Keene District Court lobby. Do you have advice how to proceed along these lines?

) Attempt to unionize the detainees? This may involve having someone outside file paperwork? Or it could all be unofficial. Uncharted territory for me too, do you know more?

) File lawsuits from jail? Don’t know much about this.

) Request specific actions the rest of us can take from the outside… for example a “calling in sick” regimen or conventional strike directed against Federally-connected businesses. Erica Chenowith says general strikes are the most effective method of resistance against bad governments:
Why nonviolent resistance beats violent force in effecting social, political change – Harvard Gazette

) Come up with some piece of peaceable resistance that everyone on the outside can do which is very small…aiming for 3 percent of the population doing it. For example 5,000 New Hampshirites chalking NHexit.US once a week outside their nearest Fed facility. Tall order but Chenoweth says once this percentage is achieved, victory becomes unavoidable… Your status as a detainee will give you the cred to make this request go further than others could. So far very few of our detainees have taken advantage of the sudden power they have just by being in jail.

) Inform the public, preferably in advance, what else you want us to do as a result of you being in jail.

) Tell us everything of interest that * you * are doing in the jail and everything bad that happens to you there so we can publicize it or spread the word to other jails/prisons.

) If you get out, consider openly filming and broadcasting interactions with probation personnel, if any. No one in our movement has ever even tried to do this. If they object, do it anyway but tell them up front you’re doing it, place a sign or wear a lapel pen that says “I’m audio taping” in case you forget to inform them verbally. That will keep you on the sunny side of New Hampshire’s wiretapping law. Decline bail conditions which forbid recording.

Again, I’m only planning to do half of these, but they are all options.

) If the retaliation or length of sentence becomes more than you can bear, thirst or hunger strikes are available a last resort. Once initiated they must be continued to a successful conclusion…or to the death.

2 Likes

can you think of other action items to be accomplished in jail? also: Prison strike organizers to protest food giant Aramark | PBS NewsHour Weekend

1 Like

Any new insights or feedback regarding these options? I guess one thought I have is that the start of a jail or prison stay is often thought of as an “end.” But Vlad Bukovsky seemed to think of it as more of “beginning” and that’s where he was most effective against Moscow: In prison.

Excellent,
I also used most of these tools one time or another.
I should publish some of my body can footage.
I also refuse to answer anything remotely helpful towards persecuting me and others.
I’ve been horribly tortured by the USA/ TX and received abuses from others as well.
This is not an easy fight, remember your Shire Society declaration, the 5 precepts.
I find the pledge of allegiance is a good tool to speak the faith and explain your “rebellion”.
Shire POA, please share:
“I pledge allegiance to my creator and the society for which it stands; one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
Also regular meetings with those that share our faith.
I host on Free Grafton Sunday afternoons for example.
Use your tools, reading, writing, etc.

thanks Stone…has The Man done anything to you recently that can be easily publicized via talk radio? the idea should be that a government attack on one free stater is an attack on all in some sense… if each of us does one small thing to push back, each time one of us is arrested or something… that can really add up. Usually the only thing i do is just publicize it via talk radio or web forums but if we also have people calling the jail, or bringing it before politicians, or protesting in front of a relevant building… that’s when it will really help create a shield against unjust incarcerations of our people.

The most traumatic and vile actions and non-actions of late was the apparent non-investigation done into the crime scene after monopolizing the response to the alleged death of my dear friend Sharon Clark.
Following which their representatives are most unhelpful so far in providing evidence.
It seems if a porcupine dies, we should have a private investigation team ready to rapidly respond on behalf of their estate to investigate. I’d happily fund the first few and more depending on results. Anyone know a good homicide investigator?

IMHO, the best shield is a cohesive community, living together with barriers to hostile invaders aggressing into such. Think Ed and Elaine Brown and the success they had with so little efforts to restrain them largest empire on the world for how long? Imagine ten times their numbers with more coordination.

can you tell us more about what happened with Sharon Clark? Whenever a free stater or NH liberty activist dies we do need to raise more concerns than we have been doing.

I’ve only heard hearsay so far.
I’m negotiating with Jake Vogel of Grafton to buy some Intel documents from him relating to the cover up. He wants over $9k, so hopefully its worth it, hoping to meet him this weekend but he’s been quite flaky so far.
He posted to a large chat group claiming to have the docs and being willing to sell them, we’ll see…

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/sharon-clark-obituary?id=38254276

Pizza and beer took them out, carried in by the feds. Very poorly managed and Ed didn’t play well with others. There were many who tried to help to no avail. These things didn’t have to happen if people easily unplug from the federal zone. I was there and it was after talking to Elaine after her terrible 861 (Larken Rose remedy) which sunk her as the IRS presented their Passport application in court showing their Income tax liability. Since then we’ve been helping people change their income tax liability, with the help of the US State Department in a Passport Process. Join us at 11:00 AM at RV site 85 this year at the PorcFest or go to www.destinationfreedom.org to find out how you too can stop sending the fruit of your labor to the Pedophiles in DC. Yes you can drain the swamp in your own life, today. El… I agree with your sentiment about investigating the loss of Porcupines… Greg Surby is one too… :frowning:

Destination kept the faith with the Browns tho, I remember seeing him at protests against their treatment. All those years ago!

1 Like