Amanda Bouldin has turned to the Dark Side

Amanda Bouldin has turned to the Dark Side by giving a “yea” during a roll call for house bill 628 and stating that the bill does not go far enough because the current bill allows for, “opt out” Bouldin wants employees to be forced to pay the tax.

HB 268 is a sneaky bill to slip an income tax into law in the STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, under the warm fuzzy name, Family Medical Leave Insurance that creates 0.5% tax on income, and government employees are exempt.

My big issue with all of this is at least 2 people (Amanda Bouldin and Elizabeth Edwards) in the NH house of Reps gave HB268 support in a roll call. Amanda and Elizabeth are both endorsed by the NH Liberty Alliance, are Freesaters and have received support from the NH liberty community.

My Fiance Shalon Spaulding sent Amanda a message asking her, “Why did you a freestater who moved here for freedom, vote for a bill that creates and income tax?” Amanda’s answer was very disturbing.

For those who don’thave the time or desire to read Amanda’s response, A guy in a FB post summed it up real nice,

"Taxes are great, government should provide food, clothing, and shelter. Free Staters are heartless pedophiles, rapists, and murderers. Also, the FSP hijacked Shire Sharing as a substitute for having no conscience.

This is the response State Representative Amanda Bouldin gave me when I asked her why she moved here for the FSP and then voted to create in income tax here_
Hi Shalon,

I see the benefits of HB 628. As a young mom with few resources, I spent most of my 20s alone, poor, and helpless. My days off went unpaid. Disproportionate to others’ experiences, when my child got sick, I went without at least a days’ pay in addition to the out-of-pocket cost of her healthcare needs. Events like this set us back further than it would others. The deck was stacked against us. In the years that followed these experiences, I began to comprehend the damage that is caused when someone must choose between medicine and food, especially for their own child.

The impoverished mindset is short-sighted by nature. There’s little reason to plan for the future when the future is obviously so bleak — so it’s understandable that financial planning is foreign to people who exist below a certain standard of living. The problem with this mindset, though, is that it keeps the poor in a constant state of need whenever something unexpected should occur. I believe HB 628 will get the neediest involved in future-minded thinking, and I am glad that it is being provided to everyone regardless of income — those who are in a better position to contribute to the program can help offset costs for those least prepared to pay in.

I am disappointed about the opt-out option, because I do think that this should be applied evenly to everyone. I don’t know if the program will be successful if too many people opt-out, so I hope to see an amendment to remove the opt-out.

There is a misconception that poverty is sometimes the result of issues such as drug addiction and alcoholism; that someone might use drugs first, and see their lives falls apart as a result. In reality, many people turn to drugs or alcohol to cope because they’re already struggling with a dissatisfying life. Hence, the fiscally conservative resistance to providing assistance to the most needy in fact fuels distasteful programs such as the Drug War. This refusal to enable our neighbors to rise from their knees and onto their feet — this is what keeps our society sick. I think it is due time that we started investing in each other. Programs like Medicaid Expansion deserve our support — enabling people to access drug treatment when they couldn’t otherwise afford it.

Growing up in conservative Texas, in a relatively well-to-do, entrepreneurial family, I lived in a bubble of people assuming that success could come as easily to others as it had come to them. But a person’s belief system tends to crest in their 30s, which is where I now find myself.

During the last couple of years in the legislature, I’ve been exposed to new ideas, new people, and new literature that I didn’t experience when living in the fiscally conservative echo chamber of both TX and the NH “liberty” circles. Through my relationship with Andrew, who is now my husband, I came to reconsider a lot of my beliefs. I do not believe that there is anything to be gained by allowing humanity to suffer; further, it seems foolish to suggest that taxation causes more pain than is caused by living without some very basic tools, such as food, shelter, and health. I’m sure you can understand that people (and their beliefs) evolve over time, and that you can respect my decision on this bill, past bills, and future bills.

On another note, it’s my understanding that some Free Staters are questioning their support for Shire Sharing because of my position on this issue. Shire Sharing has always been, and always will be, a project meant to honor my dad’s memory. In my youth I was duped into allowing libertarians to commandeer the project, in an effort to make their own community seem more wholesome than it is. In reality, libertarianism appeals to very unwholesome people, among them child molesters, rapists and sexual assaulters, very mentally unstable people, murderers, and so forth. For all that libertarianism claims to idealize, its tenets attract people who wish to harm others and who long for an environment in which they can live out their dark desires. For a long time, my own mental health was harmed by my interactions with such people. I’m relieved to be spending time with a more compassionate group of people today.

If there are others who have questions or concerns that might be addressed by what I’ve written here, I’m comfortable with this message being shared.

Thanks,
Amanda

In Amanda’s response she says that the bill (income tax) should be mandatory, no opt out. I see this as threat to the life,liberty and property of the people of New Hampshire. As we should all know taxation is enforce by the violence of that state.

Anyone who gives authority to the state to use violence against the people in my opinion, is a tyrant this includes all the 183 Reps that gave a “yea” to HB268 in roll call

this is the list

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Roll_calls/rc_yeahnay.aspx?yn=1&sy=2018&vs=27&lb=H&eb=HB0628&sortoption&txtsessionyear=2018&txtbillnumber=HB628&ddlsponsors&q=1&lsr=16

I am going to message Elizabeth Edwards and ask her why she supported HB628 and i will share the answer here.

I don’t see much of a difference between;

1. someone coming to my house putting a gun to my face and demanding i pay for their desired social program or,

2. authorizing and/or asking the state to send men with guns to make sure i pay the tax that supports the desired social program.

In my mind this is exactly what Amanda Bouldin, Elizabeth Edwards and 181 others state reps have done.

I believe in using Peaceful resistance in our daily lives to resist the Municipal corporations that call them selves Governmental Agencies, this includes not doing business or supporting they, them and those why use the state as their entitlement collection agencies

2 Likes

sad and scary
seems like many factors changed her mind
being in that system makes you look for government solutions to problems
she once didn’t have very much money or heathcare
a new person in her life has shown her a new path

and she is hitting many of us hard as she joins the other side

I can’t blame her for seeing the “Free State Project” idea in reality has shown itself not to be viable because of, at the minimum, the lack of a socially cohesive community that one could be proud of. But the turn from openly declared Anarchist to seemingly Full Left-leaning Politician because of marrying some guy is a bit over the top.

1 Like

I don’t know her, but this sounds like a sad change of heart.

1 Like

Communities change and evolve overtime. As long as libertarians and anarchists keep coming to NH we’ll be doing alright.

2 Likes

Apparently Cantwell was very right about it slowly evolving to a leftist mindset.

But Cantwell went the opposite direction. Some people just can’t see a path to their ideal without aggressive violence, while the absence of coercion is voluntaryists’ ideal.

3 Likes

This sounds like something completely different from a “change of heart.” It sounds like someone who was either never what she said she was, someone who is trying to live for someone else, or someone who never really gave anything any real thought. It’s unfathomable that anyone who really gave anything sincere thought could do such an about face.

I never met her, but this seems nothing short of disgusting. I’m sure she doesn’t plan to resign, though she leveraged libertarian votes to reach office.

2 Likes

With my sole knowledge being what is posted here and Jay’s call into FTL here are my thoughts on her change of heart. Perhaps she got burned bad by a relationship with a NH “libertarian” and is now collectivizing the bad character of that individual with all libertarians. Her white knight may be a liberal neck beard who has used her anger to turn her to the dark side. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

1 Like

Kyle Tasker? But they were “just friends”.

1 Like

Seems pretty clear that once she became a state rep, her social group changed and she has changed her tune to please them.

Maybe she’s “deep cover” just like Rand Paul. lol

Funny how some libertarians will defend that hack but will attack Amanda.

Regardless, it’s a disappointment, but not really a surprise at this point out of her. She’s obviously a coward.

3 Likes

She probably got the big chill from the libertarian community after turning snitch, and now she has to pretend they’re all evil.

2 Likes

people side with the more powerful

1 Like

Covered this in detail tonight on FTL. Sad.

2 Likes