Alt coins

I’m hoping someone on the forums can clear this up for me, or point me in the right direction.
Many alt coins like Aragon and OmiseGo, among others are etherium based, so why not just use ether?
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I’d love some feedback.
Thanks!

IMO, people in the ETH cryptosphere have made a lot of bad decisions, causing lack of faith in ETH. A healthy portion of the bad (which is to say most) ICOs are based on ETH. Thus, I sold off mine. Don’t want anything to do with it.

Off hand, I’d go with Dash as an altcoin, or even an etherium based coin that’s solidified its reputation.

Definitely into Dash. I just wonder what the difference between all these eth based coins are. I checked out some of the websites and they all seem the same. I don’t see how they will all survive if they do not stand out, or serve a unique purpose that others don’t.
I wasn’t aware of issues with ETH. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I have a strange affinity for litecoin, i dont know why, but I’ve hung on to a few of those.
Thanks for chatting with me about these things. There’s no one in my area I can do that with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thoughts on Monero?

I know FTL used to advertise Monero and that’s how I found out about it. However at one point it just stopped and they seemed to promote Dash without much further mention of Monero, anyone know why?

I’m not sure.
I think that currencies which have names that sound like “money” and “cash” may do better as far as mass adoption, since the concept of crypto is so abstract to many people still, it lends those currencies some familiarity. Just an odd little thought I’ve had :slight_smile:

Did they advertise Monero? I know they talked about it, but I didn’t remember any ads.

Ethereum is used as the platform, the coins that are based on the platform are designed for more specific purposes.

1 Like

Monero has never been an advertiser, but we’ve certainly talked about it regarding privacy and darknet market acceptance.