Advice for procrastinators in the face of a hard fork

Hey everyone, be sure your bitcoin is in a wallet where YOU control the private keys! A fork of bitcoin is highly likely on Tuesday August 1st. If you have the 12-word backup, that means you have the keys. That means you’ll have the same amount of “Bitcoin Cash” (BCC) as you do original BItcoin after the fork. A few wallets like Jaxx and Coinomi have announced direct support for Bitcoin Cash is coming, with others you may have to jump a few hoops if you want your BCC sooner rather than later.

Alternately, if you want to trust your coin to an exchange, Kraken and Bitfinex have pledged to split off your new BCC automatically. As long as they don’t get hacked in the time your coins are there, you should be okay doing it that way.

Let us know if you have questions!

1 Like

Are there any links of the Jaxx teams talking about support for BCC? The most positive things I’ve been able to find are along the lines of “We’ll look into it, maybe, if we think people want it.”

http://decentral.ca/jaxx-statement-bitcoin-cash-bch/

hmm. Based on the date of that post, they didn’t pick up that ball until the start of the last quarter. Well, we’ll see how they go. I’m sure there will be a different way to pull it out of my paper wallets if they’re too slow. I’m sure not keeping all my bitcoins on my phone, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welp, no fork yet.

I thought it occurred on block 478559

Nevermind, saw the other post. :stuck_out_tongue:

It did - I wrote that post five hours ago, before that happened,

I was excited when I saw Jaxx had an update, until I updated and saw that it still didn’t have the new fork functionality.

At this point, jaxx has updated three times since the fork, adding three new cryptos. None of them are bch. Starting to lose faith:stuck_out_tongue:

Jaxx is an embarrassment.

It’s a great wallet, it’s just not supporting all the cryptos I want, unfortunately

Glad you like it. Sounds like you haven’t had the buggy behavior that a number of users have.

I’ve had some weird shit with it. Sometimes it was downright scary, in the sense of “is my money gone forever?!”, but it was always recoverable.
And I’m starting to not like it because of the bch thing.