Purse weighs in against Bitcoin Core, after previously supporting it

Here’s a recent post by SaveAtPurse.com’s Andrew Lee. Yikes.

https://medium.com/purse-essays/extension-block-story-619a46b58c24

That there? That’s why I don’t like people.

hahaha - wow- you thought that decentralized means people like each other? No, it’s a bloodbath. One need only look at the Linux kernel mailing list. And the best ideas don’t necessarily get implemented. However it does open things up to competition and often we have multiple versions. Sometimes multiple versions stick around and sometimes they die or end up on life support. GNU/Linux for instance has a dozen different desktop environments. Some on life support like Mate (the old Gnome 2), Trinity (the old KDE 3), and now Unity (Ubuntu’s default desktop environment that they’ve basically given up development of even though it works- because it’s just too costly to maintain yet another desktop environment), and then we still have the big boys: Gnome 3, KDE 4, and Cinnamon (which is based off Gnome 3), and then there are some little ones that have been around forever too like XFCE (and some others). The best of these was at one time Trinity (back when it was KDE 3 it was very very popular). Trinity is on life support and barely maintained let alone developed even if it remains one of the best desktop environments GNU/Linux has ever seen. In an ideal world we’d probably see Trinity’s development continued- and if modernised a little it would probably be the best desktop environment to this day. It’s not so Cinnamon (based on Gnome 3) pretty much has taken its place (but Cinnamon is not used on the best supported distribution, Ubuntu, rather it is Linux Mint, and the Linux Mint developers have, and this may not be true still, mucked up the Ubuntu that Mint is based on to the point you can’t easily upgrade without wiping out the OS first)… Now you can run Cinnamon on Ubuntu and I think the upgrading works- but it’s not a nicely packaged and supported distribution per say- it’s just an add on so you have to manually install Cinnamon after installing Ubuntu.

I didn’t say “that’s why I don’t like people in decentralized communities”. I put the period after ‘people’. Doesn’t matter if you’re into decentralized concepts or not, people clique up and do the republicrat at each other.

I just jumped to conclusions that was what you were referring to.

Yeah. People are just so mindlessly tribal.