Private and Home Schooling and School Choice

How can taxes pay for private, religious, or home schooling? The NH constitution says “But no person shall ever be compelled to pay towards the support of the schools of any sect or denomination.” If a voucher is used, then taxes are sent directly to religious schools, violating the constitution. If to a private school, then that is a tax subsidy for a private business, which is bad.

If a tax credit or rebate are used to pay the parents, then what if the parents rent and don’t own a business? The state may not even know they exist. They don’t pay tax to the state, so how do they get a credit? What if the parents homeschool? What if the rebate is just an incentive to have children and the parents don’t actually teach the children anything?

If there is school choice, then one public school will necessarily become more in demand than others. What happens when more parents choose that public school than it has capacity for? Does it charge a surcharge or extra fee? How is that fee determined so that the number of students is equal to its capacity?

I think the biggest error you can make when thinking about this kinda stuff is to assume they logically understand, or can even be made to care, about what their own documents say.

1 Like

“School is the advertising agency which makes you believe that you need the society as it is.”

– Ivan Illich

2 Likes

Scammers will always find a way to work the system.

https://www.npr.org/2011/04/04/135121183/supreme-court-rules-for-arizona-tax-credit

1 Like

Psychiatry is atheism, denying God and teaching man is just an animal. When parents receive indoctrination into the mental health scam, they never hear the facts of the opposing side (or that there even IS opposition). They are brainwashed to believe that these fictitious brain ‘diseases’ are genetic. Biological psychiatry treats people like they are mechanical objects.

Atheism is Religion according to the 1961 Torcaso v. Watkins case that was affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. As recently as 2005, the Wisconsin Federal Court ruling on the matter of Kaufman v. McCaughtry again ruled that Atheism is Religion.

There were so many web pages explaining this, I can’t find the good ones I read a wile back. I guess they are using the sneaky censorship methods on anti psychiatry too cause so many people were waking up.

1 Like

I found most of what I need at this article! Organized from most statist to least statist. Still some unresolved questions but a great overview!

1 Like

All money from the government comes with strings attached. I don’t think I would take the ESA even if my kids qualified for it.

1 Like

1 Like