Nonviolent Innovator & Resolutionary: Convince Me To Move To Keene!

YO this is Jack. I am an adventurous independent studying economics, healing practices, and nonviolent solutions. I have explored community in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. 99% of everyone I know is extremely statist in mindset and extremely anarchist in their actions. My community teems with hidden anarchy and has helped me build a creative community-fostering perspective, especially in terms of coexistence and entrepreneurship. 

I am 90% certain I am moving to New Hampshire Sept 1st, 2016. In my research thus far, Keene easily went to the top of the list. I was considering Franklin for its PermaCity Life group, but was very turned off by their willing involvement with the local government in their goals. I am determined and capable of fostering agorist independence from government. 

What I like about Keene:
- Has an Aikido center (supposedly in operation since 1984?). Aikido is the Japanese martial art of nonviolent self-defense!
- Has the most intensely active and interconnected anarchist community- especially in terms of civil disobedience and agorism
- Has permaculture and nearby farms

The only concerns I have left include logistics. Here is what I need answered/resolved before I can ensure my move to Keene:
- Part time work that pays in alternative currency (independent from govt’) or a labor-share on a farm (trading labor for living/food)
- Roommates & affordable rent, my max is $400 per month. Or a labor-share on a farm. 
- Other important info that you think I should know!

I am highly ambitious and adaptable when it comes to work. As long as there is a spark or a lead, I can make a fire. But I do want stability if I am moving by myself halfway across the country, at least as a launch point.

I will be at my first Porcfest this summer 2016. I’m volunteering in the Pavillion as of now and have applied to be a speaker too. I hope to see you there. 

- Jack

Cool!  Wish I could see you at Porcfest, but I’ve been banned.  Be sure you stop in for Social Sunday after Porcfest to visit Keene it’s 6pm at Local Burger - they accept bitcoin!

Check out the 150+ reasons to move to Keene here:  http://move.freekeene.com

There are multiple homes in Keene with more than one Porcupine in them, so it’s not too hard to find liberty-friendly roommates at around the price point you’re looking for.

With your goals, I would look at Bardo Farm. It is a working farm, staffed by anarchists and you can trade labor for housing. You might be able to do a little of that around Keene, but Bardo is bigger and more suited. I would think you healing practice might do well in Keene though. 

Bardo’s page https://www.facebook.com/groups/145172460738/

Welcome, Jack. I look forward to meeting you.

Hey, jack, hope you make it up here soon!