New User Intro

Hey guys! I’m here to connect with other supporters of freedom and small government. Specifically, I want to connect with people before I come visit next January.

I first read Anathem in high school and became fascinated with Ayn Rand’s articles on morality. I soon realized I was an Objectivist and I’ve been one ever since. I’ve also been heavily influenced by sci fi stories with unconventional societies; The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress Kim Stanley Robinson’s Mars series and Foundation are a couple of my favorites.

I’ve been disgusted with American culture and laws for a long time now. I can’t even find a date that imaginative enough to consider a society without compulsory state funding. My choice is Canada or New Hampshire. I’m here to find a guide(s) or advice on who can show me what New Hampshire has to offer.

Thanks.

Steven

Definitely go with NH. We have the largest concentration of libertarians and voluntarists anywhere. If it doesn’t work out here, Canada isn’t far. But it’s working and working well.

Welcome!