'lo folks

Hi. I lived in Keene back in 2009. Checking up to see how everyone is doing.

1 Like

Hey Paul - where are you these days?

South Carolina

Ever planning to return?

1 Like

Yea- we could use some new (or old) blood here. There is lots going on.

I want to come back for PorcFest to visit with the wife and kid, but since they kicked out FTL I sorta lost interest.

Why did you leave?

Your not the only one who feels that way. Fortunately there is Somalia Fest this year run by a different group of people that sits side-by-side with Porcfest. If you attend you could attend both, but if you feel strongly enough about the shitty situation that happened with supposed principled libertarians on the board of FSP, Inc just skip it.

Somalia Fest is June 16 - June 20 @ Roger’s Campground in Lancaster NH. Porcfest is also at Rogers, but is just after Somalia Fest: June 21–25.

http://somaliafest.com/

Come check it out! It’ll be a very different event and closer to what the old Porcfest was like. It’s what the actually principled libertarians are doing. And I also wouldn’t let what a very small group of unprincipled people do deter you from Porcfest quite frankly. They’re in the minority and most people are very friendly and more open minded than the minority who are letting fear or misguidance direct their intent (some of those involved in Porcfest have this idea that banning people will somehow attract more families and people, but sadly they are misguided as it’ll only attract people who aren’t principled, and those people aren’t likely to move either because well, they’re not principled individuals). It did hurt the event though last year and a lot of people didn’t go. That isn’t good for the overall movement and I’d caution people to refrain from letting bad actors spoil a good thing (a movement that is having a big impact on freedom in New Hampshire, and yea- that’s coming from someone who just got arrested for essentially filming a police checkpoint, can we say ‘papers please?’).

Somalia Fest is a little more focused than Porcfest, but really there is no schedule or rules so you can make of it what you want really:

Some of that focus though will be on civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law (ie lets end it), free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy, transparency, freedom of information, anti-corruption and Internet neutrality.

Somalia Fest is ones opportunity to show censorship and attacks on other activists is not acceptable even if it is a private event. We’re here for liberty- and while we may not like what someone sells we don’t have liberty if we censor/ban people. We should be demonstrating to others the society we want to have rather than replicating the one we don’t.

1 Like

I wanted to do some soul searching in the form of living off grid and growing all my food for a while. I couldn’t find any farmland I could afford in NH. Talked to the Bardo folks and they didn’t seem interested. So I moved back to SC where my grandfather had left me a few acres.

Now I’ve got a wife, kids, and more interested in influencing culture than politics. Still want to visit sometime. Somalia Fest might be fun some year.

1 Like