Introduction - Jilletta Jarvis

Greetings! I am Jilletta Jarvis. I’ve lived in NH since I was in the first grade. My family and I live in Sandown currently (which is near Derry for those of you who have never heard of it). I am currently the Secretary of the LPNH and a candidate for governor in 2018. I like to think of myself as open-minded and willing to listen to every side of every argument - can’t promise I’ll agree with everyone, but I will listen and always try to see the other side because I do think you win people over through compromise. I love the independent spirit of NH, which is why I’ve stayed here.

I am here in this forum to connect more with people who are motivated by freedom and don’t believe that political duopoly is right. I don’t like fear-mongering as a way to get people to agree with you.

I found this forum through the LPNH Facebook page.

4 Likes

welcome

2 Likes

Hi Jilletta! I’m excited to hear that you are a candidate for governor. Be careful, Ron Paul says if you put your name down, you run the risk that you might get elected!

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

In my house we say “What’s the worst that could happen? I could win and become grey-haired in just 2 years!” I think it would be worth it but it would be better to get as many freedom-loving reps and senators into the legislature as possible at the same time. Then we can show the country how well more liberty and less restrictions works!

5 Likes

grr this forum software still seems awful… i’m typing to you in this tiny window… the comments appear on pages that are mostly empty space because of the software awfulness… but almost anything is better than facebook. Jilletta I didn’t ever think of Libertarian Party activity as being very useful, but maybe that’s because in some ways there wasn’t any. Now that the NHLP has secured some small symbolic victories I’m paying attention and spreading the word about its activities when they are interesting.

3 Likes

Dave, sorry you don’t care for the software, but it’s gotten great reviews from others here. I hope it will grow on you. I realize it’s new, but it’s actually much better than the old software, but it takes some experience to see how.

I really like its instant notifications of new replies - you can even have the browser pop them up. Email digests if you like, rather than individual emails for threads. Easy insertion of images, unlike the old “bbcode” system in the other forum predecessor software.

2 Likes

I think the problem with the forum is probably the theming more than anything else. I’m just glad not to be on facebook.

1 Like

I’ve posted a new campaign video on YouTube! https://youtu.be/xMC5OqjPZ8k This is an "about Jilletta " type of video to let people know the person behind the candidate.

Welcome!

1 Like

welcome jj ! we must have a big movement since we have 2 jj’s lol

2 Likes

May you instead end up at the campfire pit with friends to discuss other ways to defeat the giant leach. Good people will never be found under golden domes. At the campfire pit you won’t have to do pathetic fake things that you would do as governor like honoring fascist police and military.
Samm ( The Anarchist)

2 Likes

Jilletta,
I think for the people that might consider voting (not me) maybe this forum could show them your stance on things. I am interested in your answers as well.
If you don’t mind,could we use this forum to chat about where you stand on certain topics ?
For example. What is your solution to opposing a federally mandated “REAL ID” ? (assuming it will,in due time,be mandated nationwide)
Samm

2 Likes

Absolutely! My website (for those who want to see answers I’ve already posted) is https://JillettaJarvis4NH.com and I have no problem expanding on any information posted there if people still have questions or if there are topics not posted people want answers to. A website can never address everything without people becoming bored out of their minds anyway.

In regards to the RealID. To be honest with everyone, I hate these. I know that the stated purpose of the RealID program is consistency and not to build a Federal database of information, but I find it a waste of money and time. A big issue I have is the identification that the person issued the license could not provide legal documentation of citizenship - even if they are approved to be in the country. It paints a target on those individuals. I don’t have a problem with standardization - but I do have a problem with forced standardization on state rights.

2 Likes

Interesting legal theories.
Any new ones you mighr since these?