Introducing Christine

Hello
My name is Christine. I live in Pa. and am just tired of seeing our rights taken from away from us at such a rapid rate. I am the mothet of a 9 year old boy who I love to death and am concerned about the world he is growing up in.

Hi Christine!

Welcome. You’ve certainly come to the right place if you want to try and fix things. I know how hopeless it may seem given the left and the right and the distribution of liberty-minded people across the United States. Nowhere do we have enough like-minded people who want to change things to impact politics. Or at least that was the case until fairly recently.

About 15 years ago Jason Sorens wrote an essay on how political change could be realistically achieved despite that there were not enough like-minded people in any one geographical area to achieve success. The key word was any one geographical area. His solution was simple. To achieve success people needed to move. If enough like-minded people moved to a small low population state liberty and political change could be achieved. You see you don’t need to even dominate the state to have an undue influence on it. You simply need a very vibrant and active group which is exactly what results when you get enough people who are willing to take that huge leap of faith and move. The people who aren’t very active aren’t going to move. They’re just going to put up with whatever the establishment throws at them. What few people know is that the state and local governments incarcerate far more people than the federal government does so even without secession a lot can be achieved.

After much analysis and debate among those interested in the idea a vote was held on which state would best enable a project like this to see success and in 2003 it was decided New Hampshire would be that state and the migration movement was born. New Hampshire had a lot going for it, but given the difficultly of migrating people the first objective was to get enough people on board with the idea who were willing to partake in actual migration to sign a statement of intent. The idea being if you can get 20,000 people to sign up that agree to move within 5 years of achieving 20,000 signatures the project would be a success. It took a bit longer than some would have liked, but we do it. As a result of the lengthy period between inception and completion 10% of the 20,000 ended up making the move early. By March of 2016 10% of 20,000 people had migrated before the 20,000 signatures were even reached! We call these people early movers. I myself didn’t discover the project until 2014/2015 (or at least realize that it was a real project that was succeeding). It took me about a year to plan a move (had to sell a house and move a business) and ended up arriving just after the project achieved 20,000 signatures. So while I’m not an early mover I was one of the very first movers once the 20,000 signature # was hit.

Anyway- there is a lot going on in New Hampshire today and while a lot more needs to happen our numbers are growing. We’ve got numerous politicians elected at all levels of government and there is no place left in New Hampshire where there isn’t a vibrant community of activists fighting for change. Whether you are a more mild activist, or someone who wants to get out on the street and protest there is a place here for you (or you would like to learn to be such an activist).

There are lots of other families here in New Hampshire and we have a real community (actually we have many given the significant size of the movement and the thousands of people who have moved already). If you haven’t checked out Porcfest I’d highly encourage you to do so. It’s a fun family-friendly camping event that goes on in the summer where people interested (and many who have moved too) in moving get together to see what its like to be among other liberty-minded individuals. The festival has a bit for everybody, both kids and adults alike.

Many people come up and check out the different cities and towns while they are at it. For many it takes a few summers before they actually make a decision or plan a move, but that’s alight (it’s hard to move for most, but it’s harder to resist moving). This is a project that’s going to be going on for a long time to come. You don’t achieve success overnight, even if we are consistently achieving small successes every day.