Intro from myself

Hi all, I am here because I have had an interest in the free state project and I heard about this website. I’m interested in learning more about new hampshire as a state and where I’d be happiest living if I chose to participate in the free state project; I’m attracted to the seacoast area because there is more development on the one hand; but on the other hand I prefer chillier weather and winter sports that would probably be more prevalent in the white mountains or north country, since I’m going to college in the upper peninsula of michigan

2 Likes

the weather is not that different from the seacoast to up north I don’t think.
if you tour around, you might fall in love with a city

Welcome - it gets plenty cold through Southern NH. The North Country is beautiful, but there’s just not much there. For some people, that’s exactly what they want, but there’s not much opportunity there.

id say the Gilford area, close to ski resorts but not far from the seacoast and Manchester.

Welcome. You could always move and then figure it out.

Yea- there are some great people on the Sea Coast. I’d probably check that area out or Keene. I know there are some pretty active people on the Sea Coast which is why I’d go there after Keene. I’m not a big fan of Manchester. Concord might be OK- cause you’d be closer to the state house, but I don’t think there are as many people there. Keene definitely seems to me to have the most activism. A lot more people here in Keene actually go out and do stuff. Best decision for me and my partner was picking Keene because at least I wanted to get active. Be it testifying at the state house- doing Bitcoin activism- cop chasing (police accountability work to the degree one can hold police accountable for anything)- conducting protests- or even just other sorts of behind the scenes activism- etc.

As far as winter sports go I can’t imagine that you’d be far from those regardless of where you move here. I know there is a ski place in Keene or just outside. Vermont also has stuff. And the sea coast is 1-2 hours depending on where you go. I go to Manchester and Concord pretty often and there just not that far. Not much traffic here in New Hampshire so it’s pretty easy to get to and there are car pools all the time for different stuff. We also have nearby areas to Keene that might be worth checking out. Alstead for example. There are a bunch of people up in that area. Which is 20-25 min north of Keene. If you look outside of Keene and nearby you get the benefits of being in the middle of nowhere while still being close to a small “city” (ie Keene is a decent size town with all the critical amenities).