Forkfest Events, Speeches, Presentations and Seminars

The Forkfest is so decentralized it’s hard to get a handle on how and where to do events, including speeches, presentations, seminars, etc. For instance, I’d like to give two presentations as follow: First, “Anarchism: A beautiful-but-impossible idea…and here’s why.” The second presentation: “Supercharging the Free State Project: Inviting a new legion of liberty-lovers to join us.”

But how to schedule such events? And where to have them?

1 Like

On your camp/RV site? Unless other speaking venues are created by people on theirs and they welcome you.

According to Roger’s renting their facilities costs nearly $1,000 per day, so it’s pretty unlikely anyone is gonna do that level, but they could.

1 Like

Yikes. Unlikely indeed. Then presentations would either be at individual campsites or at some open space where people can bring chairs and gather 'round. BUT…how to keep different events from interfering with each other? Got a calendar or other type scheduler for the Forkfest?

No, but you could do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When is the Dance Dance Revolution competition?

For you ? Not until you’re under the influence of something.
Samm

1 Like

I’m always under the influence of something.

Aren’t there a bunch of picnic tables under a roof? On the map it looks like the bingo hall. Do they charge a fee if you want to use that?

Are there going to be PowerPoint presentations?

Who is bringing the projector and screen?

I am assigning those tasks to Samm. Please coordinate with him if you need the use of the projector.

Enjoy!

If the pavilion is open, I suspect anyone can use it, but I don’t know if they open it if it hasn’t been rented. It’s $995 a day, according to the campground.

1 Like

how: hold megaphone
where: the campground
lol

3 Likes

Well, maybe not with a bull horn. I’d really like to have a reasonable confab on the subjects…maybe around a fire one evening. My schedule is still iffy, but the plan now is to come up with Able Freeman and camp out for the Forkfest. We’ll see.

is there a specific area of the campground forkfesters should request when booking a site?

1 Like

Maybe you can rent it for a few days, then sell tickets to recoup the cost, then hire security to keep people from coming in without a ticket, then form a board to manage the treasury, then decide who gets to speak to maximize revenue, then…

3 Likes

Me? No thanks!

I think we should set up a Google doc that anyone can edit, and we can make like 15 minute blocks on it. Fill up whatever it is that you want on a block and give information on where it will be. Again, likely it will be at people’s individual campsites.

If other people think that is a good idea, I will set it up.

2 Likes

I think it’s an excellent idea. By all means do set it up, but make sure that its existence, purpose, and location are widely advertised so that anyone who wants to use it can do so, and so that everyone knows it is an agenda and schedule for the Forkfest. (I will use it, but I’m not sure yet whether other events will interfere with me being there.)

I just realized the only day I can attend is on the 14th. It would be nice if there was a schedule to see if it’s worth showing up on that day.

June 14th is flag day, and the day the us army celebrates its birthday

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Day_(United_States)

If this gets rolling, it can be added to the unofficial Forkfest website, if y’all want.

Define “this”, Ian…

“decentralized”

1 Like

So Ian’s statement is this: “If decentralized gets tolling, it can be added…” etc. No. Not a usable definition.