Dave Ridley

hi. you know who I am and I already introduced myself once. it would be better to stop making folks introduce them selves to be on the forum if you want more traffic. also it would be helpful to have an option where folks can post without signing up. at least you’re trying to do something to re-claim the benefits of having an active NH web forum; thank you!

2 Likes

and i have these popups appearing when i try to post? grrrr less is more

Welcome to the forum, Dave! Thanks for being patient with the new software. Can you explain the popups you are experiencing that are frustrating you?

I find the features of this forum to be very handy and modern. But if there’s something annoying, I’d like to get rid of that.

Except the mandatory intro. We want to know our community and not have anonymous trolls all over the place. The old Free Talk Live BBS became a trollzone because of low moderation and it ended up needing to be put out of its misery.

If you want to see what anonymous posting is like, please visit the comments on the Free Keene blog. If you want that in a forum, I think you should launch your own. No forum I know of operates like that. If 4chan is what you want, there are plenty of places online like it.

3 Likes

Good morning, Dave. And yes, I agree with Ian. Besides, it’s helpful for those new to the concept of Shire Society or, as in my case, new to moving to the Shire.

What is that?

4chan is a free for all chat of a sort where all sorts of crazy stuff gets posted. It’s probably the quickest way to give the FBI a reason to raid you even if there isn’t any sane reason for it:

4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography. Users do not need to register an account before participating in the community. Feel free to click on a board below that interests you and jump right in!

Nice job on the ridleo:

Here is a follow up investigation of your incident Ridley (if you haven’t seen it yet):

1 Like

And this is a bad thing? The only negative in your description is

and in that regard it sounds comparable to being a freestater.

I don’t think so.

Well, they probably won’t raid you for being a ‘freestater’, or they will, but they’ll come up with some excuse. Running a Tor exit node, 4-chan, etc. While none of these things are illegal it won’t matter cause each is likely to put you in a position of being accused and there being ‘evidence’ ‘you’ are linked to it (very very weak evidence once any competent person looks at it anyway). If it was anyone else (ie someone whose not a huge prominent activist they wish to take down) running an exit node they likely would not do anything (because the government agents aren’t all that stupid, they just utilize the guise of ignorance to justify the attack, most know a Tor exit node operator isn’t guilty of a crime for traffic coming from their IP, and they know to check the IP before performing the raid because that is standard practice for Tor exit node operators). Now it’s up to you to defend yourself against the charges.

I am not seeing popups or not noticing them

Is this supposed to be like the FTL BBS? Because if that’s the case, you should make sure to invite Bonerjoe, Dalebert, Mr. Shaw and of course, Alex Libman.

No, not at all. But any of those folks are welcome, including Dalebert who decided he didn’t like me anymore.

1 Like

ty for all the replies; this is the first time I’ve checked in since posting. JP i’m watching your Goffstown vid now! glad someone is following up on my concerns out there! follow-up FTW!

an NH liberty 4chan would be great… i mostly try to let my youtube comment section be like that.

1 Like

and thank you too penguin. we were following up on each other at about the same time because I went to MPD a couple weeks back to protest what happened to you! haven’t uploaded the vid yet… may be a while.

1 Like

Ridley: Awesome!

Yea- we need to back each other up as much as we reasonably can.

I’ve got a ton of video. Some of it has been uploaded. Different places. I don’t really have a YouTube channel or anything like that, but different videos have gotten used in different places by different media outlets.

I seem to find the time to go out and film, but lack the desire/energy to do the part that is real work- editing and uploading. Although I do have notes and things and would like to eventually find time to do something more with a bunch of different video I’ve taken over the past year or so… hopefully though I’ll have more good footage soon enough. It’s a lot of filming to get just a little bit of decent footage.

2 Likes

please do get a youtube channel penguin

Try gab.ai, no censorship, can be anonymous if you use an anon email for registration and mostly libertarian/conservative discussions. There are a few yahoos, but isn’t there always?

1 Like