Congress considering copyright extension AGAIN

as if 95 years (works prior to 1976) and life +75 years (works created after 1976) wasnt long enough, now 144 years is being considered.
mickey mouse is once again threatened with being moved to public domain status i guess.

1 Like

It’s all about The Mouse-

Infographic from a great Priceonomics article on Disney and copyright.

Just make the appropriate political campaign contributions and post-term job offers for your anti-copyright cause to outbid the ones from the media businesses. That’s how the world works.

1 Like

I think Mickey Mouse the character would probably be a trademark but I’m not sure what the implications are for a trademark that has it’s original works enter the public domain as anyone can reference the story/art of Mickey as being used for infringing the trademark (legally I presume).

Ultimately it’s probably pretty similar when someone relies on CR as the basis and substance of their a Trademarks.

I guess pictures can be copyrighted too, so the picture wouldn’t need the trademark, only the name I guess.

This is disgusting. More use of state violence to achieve social and political goals.