Anarchapulco Displaces Porcfest as the Must-Attend Annual Liberty Event

I have a feeling PorcFest will be rather large this year. It’s getting up to 900 clicks per day. They said they’ve sold 400 tickets already in a month, and with 4 months, that is 1600, assuming a steady purchase rate. (Though I believe many buy last minute.) I believe with the right marketing it could reach 4000, but they don’t listen to me.

It will take more than Facebook marketing to get that many. You have to focus on the small portion of the population that is like us to begin with.

I agree. But they won’t listen to me.

Nah, a rapey scammer is only the face of it. The real libertarians running it are just totally cool with putting a rapey scammer as the face of it. Anything attached to Berwick is best stayed clear of, and frankly the apologists that prop him up are fairly complacent. I hope he’s never invited to leave acapulco. I know he made a bad impression with others here beyond his shenanigans elsewhere. Alas, apologists everywhere.

He’s a rapist now too?

@Patrick, I’ve heard the allegations about Berwick, and personally would not use his services. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to an event that attracts over 1,700 liberty people from across the world.

Not attending an event because one person is speaking at it is as silly as those people who threatened to boycott Porcfest because I was a speaker/attendee too. Who cares? Just don’t watch him speak and don’t talk to him! There are plenty of other interesting people there, and I bet you’d find a bunch who agreed with you.

I’d agree if that were accurate. Berwick is the face of Anarchapulco and from what I’ve seen its more than allegations. There is video and multiple corroborating witnesses, including me.

I agree he is best ignored - so promoting an event with his huge rapey scammey head everywhere is probably not the best way to ignore that creep.

@Jay, rapey, I’ve no evidence he has gone beyond stalking and corning women then forcing them to stay put and grabbing at women. Its just pre-rape force.

Please help me understand, what is inaccurate? Is he the face of the event because he speaks there and promotes the event?

Did that make me the face of Porcfest? I spoke there and promoted that event.

This year the face of Anarchapulco was Ron Paul. His face was the most prominent on their marketing. Jeff was one of dozens of speakers.

Jeffrey Tucker seemed to be the “face of Porcfest” for many years.

The website says it is Jeff’s conference.

Jeff is a prominent speaker at many of the world’s freedom, investment and cryptocurrency conferences including his own, Anarchapulco, as well as regularly in the media including CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business.

The price for the live stream or for videos is a bit rapey.

No way Jeffrey’s racist. He lives in Atlanta.

Can’t people change their minds? Besides, everyone is racist, even the people who claim not to be.

http://psycnet.apa.org/record/1998-02892-004

In 3 experiments, the IAT was sensitive to … © consciously disavowed evaluative differences (Black + pleasant vs. White + pleasant for self-described unprejudiced White subjects).

What ever helps you sleep at night Ian.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Anarchist making a difference

Patrick, the version of that poster that I saw AT the conference had Jeff on it, but not larger than Ron Paul.

There’s no doubt he was a founder of the event, but again, you’ve yet to identify what it was you thought I said that was inaccurate. I’d like to know, please.

Also, I’m not telling people to use Jeff’s services in any way, so not sure why I’d have trouble sleeping at night. I’m promoting a fun event that attracts a large, varied group of liberty people. If there’s someone there I don’t like, I just don’t have to talk to them and they don’t have to talk to me.

Some of the people attending the event were as critical of Jeff as you are, but they managed to have a good time - with everyone else whose company they enjoyed.

Read it again, I’m sure you can figure out the glaring inaccuracies in your statements and logic.

I have read it again, more than once. You are the one saying it’s inaccurate and I’ve asked you for help understanding what you’ve said.

No, he is the face of it because he is literally the face of it and the event is promoted that way. Did you not know that? Attending is receiving his services.

As for “who cares”, that’s up to the individual. You usually call people out on hypocrisy.

Ok, I’ll take your word for it. No, I didn’t know that, here’s why:

I don’t see any of their promotions, since I promote the event. We do not promote that Berwick is the head of the event (he’s not, to my knowledge - again, that is Nathan Freeman). Berwick is just one of dozens of speakers. He’s mentioned in a list of speakers when we rattle them off on-air.

Having attended the two biggest years in a row, when AT the event, Berwick is a rare find. He usually shows up to speak and disappears most of the rest of the time.

There IS a Berwick event that happens immediately after Anarchapulco that is specifically run by the Dollar Vigilante - I suspect Jeff is running that, but I don’t know. We don’t promote that, and it’s a separate cost for anyone who wants to attend that. (It also has a fraction of the attendees of Anarchapulco- I was leaving on the day it happened so I saw the turnout.)

Anyway, if you don’t want to go, that’s fine, but it’s not receiving services from Berwick. Nathan Freeman is the operator and he’s there the whole time. He’s Anarchapulco to me and everyone else I know who has attended.

Given his struggles with alcohol, Berwick appears to barely be able to run his own life and certainly not the most successful libertarian convention on the planet.

:grinning: