Anarchapulco Displaces Porcfest as the Must-Attend Annual Liberty Event

Originally published at: https://freekeene.com/2018/02/23/anarchapulco-displaces-porcfest-as-the-must-attend-annual-liberty-event/

Ron Paul Speaks at Anarchapulco 2018 to a Full House – Photo by Luke RudkowskiFor many years, the Porcupine Freedom Festival was the must-go libertarian/voluntarist/anarchist yearly gathering. Many would travel from around the United States and globe to attend. Maybe they enjoyed the various speakers and panels, relaxed camping atmosphere and beauty of the location…

1 Like

Uh, not having been to either I must point out that there might be a bit of bias as to which you think is the better festival Ian.

2 Likes

Aside from Ian’s opinion, it really has nothing to do with him being disinvited starting in 2016. From personal experience I think Porcfest reached its pinnacle 2012, and it had been getting less “freedom-oriented social gathering” and more “conservative family camping outing” ever since. A lot of people held those same thoughts long before Ian decided to write about it anywhere.

1700 people going out of their way to travel internationally says “the market hath spoken” to me.

Is Berwick still running Anarchapulco? He is shady AF.

1 Like

He still seems to be running it…even if indirectly, and of course he has his issues with his failed business ventures (some might call them scams, especially from those people who lost money).

People also have their issues with the Koch family (Charles Koch Institute) now openly sponsoring (and therefore influencing what goes on at) Porcfest.

I don’t have plans to go to either.

Why not both?

@Mari, Berwick doesn’t run Anarchapulco. He’s just the face of the event. Nathan Freeman runs Anarchapulco.

Not at all, Stephen. I’ve got no bias against Porcfest. I even wrote an article encouraging people to attend even after they kicked me out.

I’m only going by what people told me about the event the last two years. They said it’s not what it used to be and has declined significantly in attendance.

I have a feeling PorcFest will be rather large this year. It’s getting up to 900 clicks per day. They said they’ve sold 400 tickets already in a month, and with 4 months, that is 1600, assuming a steady purchase rate. (Though I believe many buy last minute.) I believe with the right marketing it could reach 4000, but they don’t listen to me.

It will take more than Facebook marketing to get that many. You have to focus on the small portion of the population that is like us to begin with.

I agree. But they won’t listen to me.

Nah, a rapey scammer is only the face of it. The real libertarians running it are just totally cool with putting a rapey scammer as the face of it. Anything attached to Berwick is best stayed clear of, and frankly the apologists that prop him up are fairly complacent. I hope he’s never invited to leave acapulco. I know he made a bad impression with others here beyond his shenanigans elsewhere. Alas, apologists everywhere.

He’s a rapist now too?

@Patrick, I’ve heard the allegations about Berwick, and personally would not use his services. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to an event that attracts over 1,700 liberty people from across the world.

Not attending an event because one person is speaking at it is as silly as those people who threatened to boycott Porcfest because I was a speaker/attendee too. Who cares? Just don’t watch him speak and don’t talk to him! There are plenty of other interesting people there, and I bet you’d find a bunch who agreed with you.

I’d agree if that were accurate. Berwick is the face of Anarchapulco and from what I’ve seen its more than allegations. There is video and multiple corroborating witnesses, including me.

I agree he is best ignored - so promoting an event with his huge rapey scammey head everywhere is probably not the best way to ignore that creep.

@Jay, rapey, I’ve no evidence he has gone beyond stalking and corning women then forcing them to stay put and grabbing at women. Its just pre-rape force.

Please help me understand, what is inaccurate? Is he the face of the event because he speaks there and promotes the event?

Did that make me the face of Porcfest? I spoke there and promoted that event.

This year the face of Anarchapulco was Ron Paul. His face was the most prominent on their marketing. Jeff was one of dozens of speakers.

Jeffrey Tucker seemed to be the “face of Porcfest” for many years.

The website says it is Jeff’s conference.

Jeff is a prominent speaker at many of the world’s freedom, investment and cryptocurrency conferences including his own, Anarchapulco, as well as regularly in the media including CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business.

The price for the live stream or for videos is a bit rapey.

No way Jeffrey’s racist. He lives in Atlanta.

Can’t people change their minds? Besides, everyone is racist, even the people who claim not to be.

http://psycnet.apa.org/record/1998-02892-004

In 3 experiments, the IAT was sensitive to … © consciously disavowed evaluative differences (Black + pleasant vs. White + pleasant for self-described unprejudiced White subjects).

What ever helps you sleep at night Ian.