The Root Difference Between A Voluntaryist Anarchist and An (AnythingElse)-ist

I knew if we drilled down far enough we’d find a root point of agreement, Samm.

I’d rather associate and argue with asshole Anarchists than give the time of day to nice-as-pie anythingelse-ists.
With that said,I think we can pull some anythingelse-ists over to the truth with strategic arguing. Aahz is good at that.
Samm

I think you’re right that it’s a corporation, but so is Manchester and NH.

I don’t feel I’m enslaved to anything.

Being ready for revolution, while I support your liberty to do it, makes you an enemy domestic.

When I see the antifa on May Day causing havoc, they ought to be rounded up and imprisoned for some amount of time. They say they want to bring down the government, but generally, their wrath is pointed at businesses and private citizens.

What does burning a few cop cars do besides increase your tax burden.

Just because I try to be polite, I don’t consider myself a nice-as-pie kind of person. I’ve by far had more hassle from state and local government than most people. Why… Because I had the courage to stand up for my convictions in public, high-profile ways.

Government at every level is too big, too powerful and too protected.

But I don’t think anarchy is the way to fix it.

If you only had two groups to associate with, Porcfesters or the Occupy Wall Street crowd, who would you hang out with?

Wow! Thought police much?
Do you really believe that merely preparing to defend oneself against a tyrannical government makes one “an enemy domestic”?
By that definition wouldn’t any government with a military therefor be “an enemy foreign”? After all, they’re doing their best to be ready for invasion.

Personally, I’d remain alone if my hanging with either in their entirety were my only choices.

However you couldn’t have easily picked two more diverse groups. And I don’t mean they diverge from each other, but rather diverse within themselves. A fairly large number of Porkfesters I’ve encountered either attended some Occupy events or expressed sympathy in many ways. In fact, both groups have had numerous schisms over the years precisely because of their internal diversity.

But let’s just focus on one small aspect of how these two groups acted.

• Occupy Wall Street organizers allowed anyone to attend their meetings, gatherings and protests.
  • Porkfest refuses to allow people of differing opinions to attend their events.

Which strategy do you believe is more likely to lead to social change?

This guy gets it in my opinion.

Someone will always be working to ascend to the top. Bob Dylan said it best when he said, “you’re going to serve somebody.”

Capitalism isn’t perfect, but it’s far better than anything else out there.

And this is what is wrong with America…

Translation-

There are these unknown gangs in Chicago that are using violence and threats of violence to take people’s money and force them to have sex against their will. So, obviously, we should send in a bigger gang that also uses threats of violence to take people’s money and put these Chicago gangsters in cages where they are 30 to 40 times more likely to be forced to have sex against their will*.

(*The Chicago Police Department reports 718 criminal sexual assaults among a population of over 2,000,000 people. The federal Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 3.2% of jail inmates and 4.0% of prison inmates are sexually victimized.)

1 Like

PB didn’t argue in favor of taxation, or even prisons, and the gangs in Chicago aren’t “unknown”. He is merely pointing out (possibly unintentionally) that Chicago is in the throes of anarchy, which begets violent, unconstrained gangs. He argues the gangs should be suppressed by pro-civilization forces (although leaving Chicago alone is also instructive about tight gun control, collectivist politics, democracy, and leftist social policies…so there’s an argument to do nothing). :slight_smile:

You make it sound like Anarchy is something that doesn’t exist until we put it into play. This will help you to see the truth which is the powerful realization that you own yourself: Anarchy ( actually Anarchism) is all that has ever existed in humanity. It’s because it is the un-dying truth. The LIE is upon us and is making people think that “authority” is what we must follow.(statism) . “authority” doesn’t even exist. Only GANGS do. Which is what your “government” is . Every branch and every part of it. And you let it control you.
You say that “being ready for revolution makes me an enemy domestic”. Well of course it does.
It makes me and every non-believer in statism an enemy to those that believe we should all have masters to bow to. You either support having a master or you don’t. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN. Pick one.
Anarchism forces nothing onto you. Statism forces everything it supports onto everyone else.
I feel like you’re frustrated with things (rightfully so) and may be close to getting this. Otherwise I don’t waste my time with the completely “blind sheep”. Us Anarchists know that it is very important for people like yourself to grasp this truth. It’s not the dark side you’ll be coming to. It’s the most beautiful thing ,next to Love ,that you will see.
I can only warn you though, that when you figure it out , you will be able to see evil more clearly, and may be overwhelmed at how well organized this evil is. The truth is going to see us through however.
Sincerely, Samm