NH independence and Maine

BTW we have been discussing the issue of Maine’s access to NH and Mass, from the very beginning. For those of us here, it is an obvious issue.
After Norway left Sweden … they did not lock down their border like some would imagine. I think it could be like the Canadian/US border before 911.

I would vote for no special border situation.
My other idea is to make the Toll Road from Maine to Mass a special thru-duty-free-zone with shopping and unobstructed through access. If you want to get off the road and enter NH, we can have a simple border crossing.

1 Like

I agree mostly NH independence and Maine - #21 by russellkanning
Except
Your last paragraph towards creating a new collective effort to restrict migration seems wrong though

NBC Boston - Episode Four: Secession

Episode Four: Secession – NBC Boston

1 Like

no govt. restrictions on immigration or travel to NH. That’s what I’d like to see.

4 Likes

The world needs people willing to stand up for freedom and build a better future. Let’s encourage and reward (in terms of emotional support, feedback, etc.) those who do have the courage to stand up and be freedom activists. It seems to me that voicing pessimism and discouraging this is the psychological equivalent of shooting ourselves in the foot.

“The future belongs to those who (give) the next generation reason for hope.”
– Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

2 Likes

Me too, Dave. An open borders policy, especially toward those who lack resources, is critical to holding the moral high ground and creating/preserving a free society. Borders between towns and counties in New Hampshire are open, as are borders between NH and other states, and this works much better than restricting movement between these jurisdictions would. There’s no good reason to change that with independence.

2 Likes