Well.. this is me then

Greetings from across the Atlantic, from Northeast England.

I'm Alasdair, a computer geek, but latterly I write crime fiction.

I've been interested in the Free State Project for a little while now, but it seems Keene is the place in NH to be, though I'm struggling to get through the stuff to get anything more than a tourist visa to enter the country.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop my head round the virtual door and say hello. If anyone has any questions please feel free just to ask. I'm sure I'll be doing my fair share of asking.  :stuck_out_tongue:

58 views in two days and no replies  ???

Did I inadvertently say something wrong or break a forum rule?

[quote author=Alasdair link=topic=7464.msg63975#msg63975 date=1406740246]
58 views in two days and no replies  ???

Did I inadvertently say something wrong or break a forum rule?
[/quote]

It is much more likely that 55 of those views were from spiders and bots tracking the forum.
Since a lot of folks emigrated to Facebook this forum has been very low traffic.

Anyhow, Greetings from NH.
My only question is: when are you moving?  ;D

Thanks for the reply Jerry.

I was starting to feel like the stupid kid in High School that nobody talked to.  ;D

I don't do Facebook for various reasons, but the psychological experiments they ran really made me reassess the viability of using that as a platform. I tend to stay in forums now where at least you know the hosts have a similar outlook to your own and are not data mining every sentence you add.

As for when I'm moving, as soon as I can find work and get a work Visa.

Or is there a better way to get a greencard?

Welcome, Alasdair.
Yes, the problems of obtaining a visa to emigrate to the US (to NH!) are unfortunate. Just today there was another post on this forum from a gent in Austria who wants to move here and is facing a similar issue.

True that Facebook has sucked all the oxygen out of the once-flourishing forums. If you post specific questions for us, we can generally get those answered fairly quickly. Perhaps you can come visit later this year for KeeneFest or next year during NH Liberty Forum or Porcupine Freedom Festival.

Cheers,
Mark

I barely do Facebook either. I'm only on there for my show. I don't care people use it. I just wish they'd stop using it with such tunnel vision.

[quote author=Alasdair link=topic=7464.msg63979#msg63979 date=1406873212]

As for when I'm moving, as soon as I can find work and get a work Visa.

Or is there a better way to get a greencard?
[/quote]

Well,  if you have a couple million pounds in the bank, you can get a green card rather quickly if you start a business that employs some Americans.

If you're a bit short of cash, you could use the tourist visa to attend Porcfest or Liberty Forum where your British accent would attract the ladies.  Use your charm to talk one into marrying you. 

Or find a job with an international company that has offices in England and the US, get hired and then wangle a transfer.

A college visa may be another possibility.

Welcome! 

[quote author=jerry link=topic=7464.msg63985#msg63985 date=1406918839]
If you're a bit short of cash, you could use the tourist visa to attend Porcfest or Liberty Forum where your British accent would attract the ladies.[/quote]

It's true. You'd have an edge here in the dating dept.

Well,  if you have a couple million pounds in the bank, you can get a green card rather quickly if you start a business that employs some Americans.

If you're a bit short of cash, you could use the tourist visa to attend Porcfest or Liberty Forum where your British accent would attract the ladies.  Use your charm to talk one into marrying you. 

Or find a job with an international company that has offices in England and the US, get hired and then wangle a transfer.

A college visa may be another possibility.
[/quote]

Sadly the 2Million is still something I'm working on. As for the second suggestion, I'm no giggolo so I think I'd be hopeless at that.  ;D

I think the third option may be the way I'll have to go.

It's a work in progress so I've just got to play the numbers game. I'm sure something will come along…eventually.

[quote author=Dalebert link=topic=7464.msg63990#msg63990 date=1406940617]
If you're a bit short of cash, you could use the tourist visa to attend Porcfest or Liberty Forum where your British accent would attract the ladies.[/quote]

It's true. You'd have an edge here in the dating dept.
[/quote]

Oh I'm sure the ladies of New Hampshire are much more discerning than that.  :slight_smile:

Once considered trying my hand as a genuine English Chauffeur though.

[quote author=Alasdair link=topic=7464.msg64027#msg64027 date=1408636020]

Once considered trying my hand as a genuine English Chauffeur though.
[/quote]

I don't know about chauffeurs, but I read recently that with all the new billionaires, there is a great demand for authentic English butlers. 

Well if I find Batman, I’ll change my name to Alfred. :slight_smile:

Hello again - did you make the move to NH yet?