Tourist things to do in NH?

Not sure if this is the right category, but my wife and I are planning a trip to NH on August 24-28 ish. Already booked the flight from LAX to Boston, which is like a 2hr drive from Nashua I believe.

What are some cities and sightseeing places y’all would recommend to check out? Never been to NH so really wanna explore.

We’re thinking of hitting, Nashua, Manchester, Portsmouth and the White Mountain National Forest. Might stop by Keene too, if time permits.

Would appreciate any ideas y’all come up with!

Besides the Seacoast, which you can see anywhere in the world, touristy places in New Hampshire start NORTH OF CONCORD.

They tend to revolve around two major geographical locations. The White Mountains and Lake Winnipesaukee.

Here are some of my favorites.
Mt. Washington Auto Road.
Mt. Washington Cog Railway. (Book tickets in advance) Sells out.
Mt. Washington Cruise (200+ foot boat that traverses Lake Winnipesaukee) base out of Laconia.
Castle in the Clouds. Amazing view of Lake Winnipesaukee where you’ll hear the riches to rags story of Thomas Plante.
Clark’s Trading Post. (Really designed for kids, but the trained black bear shows are awesome.)

If you have children, Story Land and Santa’s Village are both terrific.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

2 Likes

Not even an hour from Logan to Nashua, without traffic.

I prefer getting to know fewer places rather than running around not enjoying myself.

Hiking, picking fruit, kayaking, are fun. Walking around Portsmouth and Keene, do the bitcoin tours. What type of happenings is your type of happenings?

You might consider finding liberty lover owned businesses and patronizing them. https://liberty.menu

Here is a good link for events.
https://www.fsp.org/calendar/

2 Likes

When my friends visited: hiking up a mountain, kayak up a river, go to the beach, party at the Quill, a bitcoin meetup, sample all the drugs.

Optional: shoot at the range.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @paperboy247 @Patrick @starrychloe.

I definitely want to do a Bitcoin meetup if possible. As well as hit up the range.

I’ll do more research & see what places we decide to go to.

Feel free to post more ideas in the meantime :slight_smile:

If you are into classic video games

http://www.funspotnh.com/

And if you are in Boston, you might want to check out some stuff there. I like the Museum of Science. Kinda expensive if you don’t have a membership.

Mos.org

4 Likes

We love fun spot. Certainly there is great hiking here in NH, it just seemed Jesse X was looking for more TOURISTY things. You can hike anywhere, and if you have only 3 or 4 days to see the sites, you might as well hit the big ones.

2 Likes

Fun Spot is owned by a liberty-friendly fellow who was also the man that pushed for the state slogan, Live Free or Die. Great arcade, with bowling… which means it has a bar.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
We’re about 2.5 weeks away from being in NH. As of now, we have a room booked in Manchester for the 23-24th. We leave on Sunday night, the 26th.

So as of now, we don’t have much planned. I know for sure we want to stop by at the Bitcoin Shoppe in Portsmouth. Also be interested in checking out the White Mountains for a hike.

Would be great to meet with the FTL crew (@FTL_Ian @Mark_FTL) in Keene, as well.

So my question is… what is there to do throughout the day in Manchester, Portsmouth and Keene?

also based on your timetable:
the farther north you go the more fall color you will see

also:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?title=Porcupine%20Calendar&showTitle=0&height=580&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23ffffff&src=fsp.org_3tllh73lh0jmf5kc8vgbsh6ooc%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%231B887A&src=irjpu24t1k0ue97pqe06mosem4%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23853104&src=fsp.org_k8ok526lu0ke7i2krurqvb5v34%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23182C57&src=fsp.org_qkeik0k3ddc4hmt8ja2eh37ki0%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%235229A3&src=fsp.org_f7l51fnc1u2bt5r4lqbp80vehs%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23B1440E&src=d908tl7v755t4rfvag6vm55ib8%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%232072a9&src=fsp.org_ui4lvorn4b71eu2m8cvijfdp8s%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23875509&src=vik4o8hlashp8nka5if5oqe71c%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23B1365F&src=fsp.org_50s95avh8kbce920719ugsggq0%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23125A12&ctz=America%2FNew_York

Sure, just let us know when you’re coming to Keene.

1 Like

We’ll be in staying in Manchester on the 23rd & staying in Peterborough the 24th. So likely we’ll be checking out Keene on the 24th, since it’s abou 15 min away from our AirBnB. Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Like

Walk around downtown? Eat lunch or dinner with local activists? Visit LRN.FM studio?

It’s a small town. Some people like to climb Mt. Monadnock.

1 Like

You can also spend crypto downtown at several places.

1 Like

Grew up in So. NH so I know it a bit about it. I just happen to be an Anarchist native. From Portsmouth to Keene the population is sprawling, once rural areas are becoming crowded with corporate america. Many liberals from taxachussets are moving to NH and bringing their ideas to the town governments. The system supporters here will continue to get their way. The Liberty movement here would be effective if it was a Revolutionary one. It’s not. I think the Liberty movement would be more effective if it was spread out through this landmass known as “u.s.a.” Crowding us into one geographic area in order to promote playing within the system and solving problems through politics will never work. If anything, it may be easier to exterminate the Liberty movement if it’s all crowded into one area.
If you’re heading to peterborough you could swing in to JobLots and buy some cheap junk. Then you could stroll over to Dunkin’s (There are at least 2) and consume a coolatta made from god knows what, and support corporate america at the same time ! Then you could stroll to downtown and chat with the liberals that dominate that town. If you’d like to retire in peterborough maybe the local retirement home Rivermead would talk to you (if you’re a millionaire). Keene is about the same except THEY have a M.R.A.P. (It’s to make everyone think the “Freedom” movement is dangerous here) :laughing:
Welcome,
Samm

Visiting the LRN.FM studio would be awesome!
Also meeting with local people would be great.
I’ll definitely be bringing some crypto to spend in Keene & Portsmouth.

ok, so Friday 8/24 - you want to do a lunch or dinner with the locals?

Yeah that would be great to meet the locals. Although, i’m still not sure what time we’ll be in the Keene area on Friday 8/24. We’ll be checking out Manchester after we check out from the hotel & likely be heading over to Keene in the afternoon.

What would be the spot to grab the lunch or dinner?

Let us know timing once we get closer.

You can spend crypto at multiple food establishments:

Hot Hogs BBQ (Lunch only, until 3pm weekdays)
Local Burger (Lunch & Dinner)
Curry Indian Restaurant (Lunch & Dinner)
or Thirsty Owl (Lunch & Dinner)