Pool.bitcoin.com

Anyone here using pool.bitcoin.com?

I’m seriously thinking about doing it.

Is there any other alt coin pools that are trustworthy?

I haven’t done it, but Mark says you can set your account up to pool BTC or BCH, depending on which is more profitable. I’d have trust issues with other pools, but did play with the idea of getting into that pool.

1 Like

I’m strongly leaning towards btcash. What are your thoughts? I really don’t trust btc to be viable when it comes to practicality. At least btcash they are sticking to my principales and low fees- I’m just not appreciating the difficulty that it’s havibg becoming mainstreams

This gets controversial really fast, but the more I read, the more disturbing BTC (Blockstream, in particular) gets. I first bought in 2011 or 2012 at around $11. I wanted to support people’s electronic cash. To me, BTC isn’t that, and Blockstream doesn’t try to hide their disinterest in that. They want a “store of value,” and in my opinion, with crypto, it has to be spent at large to have value. The closer it gets to perpetual hoarding, the closer it gets to the dreaded “tulips,” in my opinion. Of course, when I bought, it was BTC, and it’s now by far my biggest pile of crypto by exchange value.

I basically HODL all of what I have because I don’t have “enough” yet, though I spent enough to be working with “the bank’s money” (though there is no bank.) If I wanted to spend today, it would be Dash or BCH, and I’d accumulate as I spend, making it a push. I hate to face the reality that I’m waiting for the right time to sell the BTC. I don’t want to be caught with a bag of tulips. I don’t have that fear with Dash or BCH.

Today, BTC is not cash, to me, and I don’t expect it to be tomorrow, given the talking points. I think that endangers its long-term status.

1 Like

Wow I completely agree with you.

Also I wanted to ask this other question. Do you use purse to shop at amazon?

1 Like

I used Purse, but there were several reasons I stopped using it.

• I’d “sold” enough Bitcoin and was not prepared to buy more.
  • BTC fees are too high for me to find using it attractive right now.
  • I didn’t particularly like their customer service.

I did, most recently, buy an Amazon card at gyft.com (I’ve bought a few.) I’m pissed at Amazon right now for dumping FTL, and may minimize my use of Amazon.

1 Like

Yeah exactly! See as bitcoin is all over the place with price - getting a discounts isn’t a real thing when considering my bitcoin lost value. it’s really hard to judge purse.

1 Like

Never pool mining, did try mining my own some time ago and found it better to convenient to buy off of localbitcoins.org which I still recommend the absolute best way to get bitcoin for fiat.

I haven’t looked into the details, but can’t you buy in with Bitcoin and end up with more? That sounds like it’s worthwhile. It grows in units and in strength, so to speak.

Mining is a hobby. You’ll make more just buying and holding bitcoin. If you want to support the BTC or BCH networks, then you can mine and might make something.

2 Likes

I thought I was supporting them by buying Bitcoin.

So anyone out here changing their mind about mining Bch? Because I sure hella am!

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying another mining package after the BCH hard fork.

2 Likes

@FTL_Ian I’ve kiteralky looked at every avenue to get me some more Bch. All these websites are starting they are bogged down with so many transactions.
I tried converting btc for Bch and I placed the highest fee and it still wasn’t enough! On multiple wallets mind you, both wallets I used highest fee. Man whatever is going on with Bch and btc network is really scary.

Right now with my brother in law, we’re trying to mind Bch.

I’m pretty sure that at the present time, it’s tough sledding trying to exchange your BTC for BCH, because you’re really first selling BTC, which, thanks to its dysfunctionality, is not happening right now. The mempool is so full BTC is paralyzed.

If you’re earnest about buying, you may have to use other currency to buy BCH. Otherwise, you’re like me, holding because you don’t really have options at the moment. I plan to watch the mempool and attack when the time is right–it BTC isn’t totally destroyed by then.

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

1 Like

@wtfk thank you for the better explanation! You described it perfectly.

1 Like