Moved here and Introduction

1. My name is Paul and I have been interested in liberty oriented activism for a few years. I am an an-cap to be more specific. I lived in northern NH for about 8 years and recently moved to Keene.

2. I am here basically to get involved with local activism here in Keene. My passion is “pirate radio”. I’m an electronics and computer nerd. For a little over a year I’ve been building unlicensed radio equipment and plan on running a station in keene within the next few weeks. It will probably re-broadcast some of LRN, Stefan Molyneux, The Anarchast, etc (maybe some music).

3. How did I find out about shire society? It was more than a year ago, I don’t remember :slight_smile:

I am interested in the schedule of the Shire Free Church - when you meet?

Excellent! Keene has a long history of pirate radio transmissions! There have been four pirate stations in the last six years, in fact.

The Church is involved in various different projects, but our services are on the radio seven nights per week.

Did you know we have a social meetup on Sundays at 6pm at Local Burger? Also our next bitcoin meetup is 3pm Monday 11/21 at Local Burger, with Taco Tuesdays at 7pm at Mi Jalisco.

Hi!

Awesome to hear. I moved to Keene last March myself. I have to say it’s brought a heck of a lot of fun and added a lot of excitement to my life. I’ve been involved with activism for what seems like forever although its been mostly within the tech sphere. I’m focused on technical projects that put the user in control of their devices and am a big fan of decentralization/distributed systems/anonymity (BitCoins/Z.Cash, Freenet, etc).

I’m glad to see a new activist moving in. The more activists we get the more effective we will become. Right now I feel our most valuable contributions are in the marketing department. Obviously such a migration movement is a long term project so the more people the more evidence we’re getting somewhere and the more activism the more people who’ll want to move here. And hopefully that leads to more radical changes in the law.

If you are looking for a job and consider yourself GNU/Linux knowledgeable send me a resume: chris at thinkpenguin com. I’m looking to fill a pseudo technical support ish position (small company so it’s one where you wear a few hats really, assembling computers, putting orders together, and a little tech support on the phone/taking an occasional order once in a while).

And like Ian said you are going to have to drop into some of events coming up! There are at least 3 - 5 every week. I just got back from cop blocking a few hours ago. There will be people handing out some flyers tomorrow and others are going to Manchester for some other event. But the regular ones happening every week Ian covered pretty much in his above message (well, at least the ones in Keene).