Local Business Owner Challenges Parking Tickets & Wins Thanks to New Keene Judge

Originally published at: https://freekeene.com/2018/05/25/local-business-owner-challenges-parking-tickets-wins-thanks-to-new-keene-judge/

New Keene District Court Judge Erin B McIntyre Smacks Down ProsecutorKeene, NH business owner Christopher Waid received a parking ticket when he was downtown in late 2017 and immediately went to the parking department in the city building to demand his right to a trial. While inside the building, he received a second ticket on…

3 Likes

Well done Chris.

I never understood their willingness to spend at least $100 in salaries fighting a $5 ticket.

2 Likes

It’s not their money. They don’t care how much they spend. They desperately try to seal every little crack in the dam.

I wonder if he would pay a ticket by a private parking lot. Renting land for your car has real costs. However, a private parking lot might enforce differently, like a gate fee, or towing, or charging a card on file for going over the time limit, so it’s probably a moot point.

Just remember that parking lots are just roads in an instantaneous snapshot of time. Roads are just moving parking lots. Whatever works for parking lots can work for roads.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess it’s a prime example of the effort gone through to legitimize their system of societal control.

1 Like