Just moved here from Western Washington

Hello to any one reading this. My name’s Bob and I just moved to Nashua on Thursday, June 16th 2016. I’ve been a Voluntaryist and AnCap since the Summer of 2011 and I’ve been a huge nerd my entire life (I’m currently designing a paper and pencil RPG system in which I used Austrian principles to help inform some design decisions). I’m also a Christian of the radical grace variety which is very much like the liberty movement of Christianity.

Back in Washington I lived in a navy town, Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island. I found quite a bit of success going out to busy areas and community events with a sign that said. “I’m an Anarchist, ask me any thing.”, “Have a wonderful day.”, and “Free smiles”. Then I would stand there, smile, wave, and wish people a great day. That’s all until they approached me and asked what ever question(s) they had. Was a great way to get conversations going. Self selected the people that were interested and those who didn’t care. Well brought in a lot of Christians trying to preach to me too. Haha. Once I get every thing set up, I’d like to do some more of that here as well and maybe try it with multiple people.

I’d really like to meet other libertarians in the area. I distanced myself from the FSP organization after some of the shenanigans they’ve pulled but I definitely still believe in the idea of the migration and concentrating our efforts. To that end the Shire Society seems like a much better fit for me.

I found out about the Shire Society from FTL, been a listener since late 2010/early 2011.

The sign idea sounds like a fantastic project. I’ve always been a big fan of every form of “man on the street”/“personal conversation” activism. Welcome to NH. :smiley:

Welcome to NH.

Excellent - welcome aboard!

Welcome home! There’s a Nashua Liberty group that meets up weekly - https://www.facebook.com/groups/NashuaLibertySocial/