Introduction

Hello!

I wanted to reply to one of the discussions. I don’t like to join lists, or login to things that require personal info. I just found a link on r/NewHampshire.

1 Like

Welcome - can you share a link to the reddit thread? Curious to see it, thank you.

I think I found it

I think that thread gave me cancer. I have pity for those who think of libertarians in that way. If you cannot understand your opponents point of views then it is an error of your own. We should be able to understand and disagree.

No one said this would be easy, Stephen. But it’s better here than anywhere else.

Sorry when I said “you” I hope its understood I meant everyone in general should learn to understand opposing viewpoints. Threads like that filled with ignorance are sad.

lol- What did you think was going to happen when you post in a general forum. Most people don’t understand what a real libertarian actually thinks or what it means to be a libertarian. I prefer to refer to myself as a principled libertarian to differentiate myself from the majority of libertarians (especially those living elsewhere) and then clarify what that means with examples. Ie For example I’m against the use of violence (ie what the state is) to achieve social and political objectives outside of there being actual victims of violence (and even then only to the extant necessary till the point we can eliminate it through other non-governmental means/solutions).