Introduction: Stephen Nass

in regards to where to move…
in the beginning there was nothing in Keene (fsp wise) until Kat moved here … then we made things happen
we also used to run all over the state to get together with people
if you make the effort you will run into freestaters everywhere
but now that there are so many in Keene, it is a good place to move to :slight_smile:

All those ideas sound great!

Lots of opportunities to live off the grid. The village of Pu`uhonua O Waimanalo in Hawaii is a small village that largely lives off the grid and, for the time being, the government leaves it alone. They even mine their own altcoin, Alohacoin. It can happen.

It’s not that it can’t happen- it’s just that it doesn’t seem like we have a realistic expectation of being able to achieve it. If you want to live off-grid I’d probably check out Alstead, NH. There are more people like this living here and just north of Keene. There might be some people up north, but I think even people living off grid have found that the north was just a really bad choice. Keene is a small “city” (has the essentials) already in the middle of nowhere so you get outside of Keene and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere cause there are just so few people (ie there are basically villages dotting Cheshire county, no real towns of significance to talk about). The largest number of people in Cheshire county live in Keene (at least 30%-40% depending on how you run the numbers).

2 Likes

An update: I am packing up my car now and will be starting the drive out tomorrow! New Hampshire or Bust!

5 Likes

:slight_smile: Awesome! Can’t wait to meet you.

Wow, super exciting. Can you call in to FTL and tell us about it?

I am almost to NY. I’ll try calling in tonight.

It turns out I am way ahead of schedule driving to NH. I was thinking I might head into Keene or Manchester tomorrow to explore then drive north on Friday.

2 Likes

If you’re coming to Keene, let us know when and we’ll put together a short-notice meet-n-greet for you.

1 Like

You dont have to go out of your way but I plan on getting into Keen around 2.

Actually, I’m probably leaving town for an NYC conference. So, I probably shouldn’t put something together I won’t be at, but maybe someone else can step up.

Let’s meet at Local Burger (82 Main St) at 230p.

3 Likes

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Yea- I’ll see you guys then! Great place for lunch. Bring your Bitcoin if you got em cause they take it at local burger.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I look forward to working together in the future.

1 Like

Well, it was great meeting you too! Hopefully you enjoyed yourself and have a chance to visit again before you make your decision on where to move exactly. We have other events going on in this region that may be worth coming to. I particularly like the one in Alstead on the third Thursday of every month. There is also Social Sunday and another event, but that later event we have on Tuesdays is more or less intended for people here in our community already. Not people looking to move. There are actually other events too… like Bitcoin and Libertarian Party meet-ups and during the school year there is a Bacon Breakfist morning event. Depending on the time of years there are also lots of other things going on like carpools to the state house (to testify on bills), new mover parties, protests (NH Exit, 4/20, open container protests, driving without licenses/registration/inspection/permission slip protests, and much more), cop chasing (police accountability nearly every week), etc. Not to mention trials that result from aggressive unaccountable state violence on peaceful people. And that’s just in the Keene area. An hour away you got Manchester and Concord which also have a variety of events and things going on.

1 Like