Introducing mysef

Porcfest. We’re camping out there and looking for a place in Cheshire County during that time.

Sweet. We’ll be there! Do you know what you can afford per month in rent? That way we can help look between now and then.

Thank you. Right now, no. We’re going to save up about $1,000. We had to nix a U-Haul and just pack as much as we can in our car. We have good resumes and hard-working, so we’re perfect for areas with lots of good-paying jobs.

Welcome from Porcupine Real Estate! If you have questions about buying or renting, or the property market in general, you can email us at info@porcupinerealestate.com. You may also find our NH Relocation Guide helpful - http://www.nhrelocationguide.com.

Amy

1 Like

I also kept hearing that housing was more expensive in NH. From what I’m seeing though it really isnt.

If you want to live in the woods, it’s cheap. City costs more. Seacoast/Lakefront costs more. There’s a big range, which is good.

1 Like

On the website there really isn’t much on rentals. I’ve emailed Porcupine Real Estate, and Mark Warden pretty much told me most landlords don’t advertise online. So I’m contacting the few inquiries I could find online and if that doesn’t work, we’ll be actively looking during Porcfest.

Thanks for the link, that guide has been one of the few that’s been pretty helpful.

1 Like

Depends on where you are moving from if housing seems more expensive to you. We moved from rural NC where $800 got you a couple acres and a 3 bedroom house. Here we needed to spend $1500 for that.

What Mark Warden said is right in my experience. We found our “choice” rentals through word of mouth and driving around. To get a landlord who will do what they say I’d recommend budgeting $800 per month to start at least.

Once you find a place that you might want to buy now that is a different story. USDA loans are easy to come by if you jump through their hoops. $100K property will cost a little less than $700 per month.

If you choose close to Alstead you can also look in Bellows Falls or Westminster VT. Yes its not NH but its very close and doesn’t have to be permanent.

2 Likes

Have you been in touch with our rental researcher? You can email her at porcupinekatie@gmail.com. You can also check out PorcManor.com

1 Like

Yes I have done both. PorcManor either doesn’t have a lot of listings are isn’t updated. Not much was on there the dozen times I’ve checked over the year. Thank you for the email.

1 Like

Finally, another person that appreciates Ayn Rand’s ideas! Might you be an Objectivist? There aren’t many of us here yet. I would definitely like to connect if you are. I’m trying to get more copies of The Objectivist Standard into this state. I’m also starting an Objectivist book exchange, so contact me if you have some material to donate.

Proteus_liberty@protonmail.com

Steven R

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cryptogreeks

Depends on what you are used to now.