Introducing Me

Hi, all. My name is Michael. Our family of four moved from NC to Alstead NH in September 2011. A couple months after moving we opened a small computer repair shop. The store became a way to not just create income but indirectly it became a comfortable environment to get to know the people I’d be calling neighbors. The natives begin to know us as the helpful types who were loving and caring.

Moving to NH has been an important step in my path to liberty. Self-governance as I refer to it now. For me, self-governance makes most if not all of the problem we experience with the world go away.

There are tons of small businesses in NH and no shortage of people who are willing to give you a chance. Come here, perform quality work, stand by that work and you’ll do just fine. Don’t let the fear of not having a job stop you from moving. Get your crap together and move. Figure the rest out when you get here. NH needs you!

1 Like

Great advice. Welcome, Michael!

Welcome to the Shire forum. I love hearing about stories like yours. My partner and I have entrepreneurial spirits so we’ll definitely take advantage. Thank you for doing the work that you do.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Michael!

I didn’t realize you had a shop. I knew you did the computer gig thing. I’d love to see your shop sometime.

I closed the physical location last June. I’m fortunate to have a loyal customer base and continuing good word of mouth advertising that allows me to work from home.

I revisit the idea of another computer store with my partner from time to time as its very lucrative but requires time away from my family.

1 Like