Hi There

Hi, I’m Scott and it is currently my intention to move to The Shire in the first part of October. I am going to visit April 6-12 or so visiting Keene, Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth at least.

I have listened to Free Talk Live for a couple of years now and am encouraged and excited about the positive direction things are going and looking forward to meeting some people who’s first reaction to a problem isn’t ‘what should the government do?’.

3 Likes

Hey there Scott. Just let us know when you plan to be in Keene and we’ll be sure to set up a meet-n-greet.

1 Like

Welcome from Porcupine Real Estate! Let us know if you need help with a rental or property to purchase when you’re in town. You may also find our relocation guide handy: http://www.nhrelocationguide.com

If you’re in Concord on April 20 you’ll be able to meet lots of people at the annual anti-prohibition rally in front of the Statehouse.

2 Likes

We can do the same in Manchester. Contact me for that about one week prior to your arrival. There are also bi-weekly meetups in the Seacoast area and a weekly mixer in Nashua. October is a great time to visit!

Unfortunately I can’t be there on the 20th.

I am planning to be in Keene on Sunday, April 9 for the meetup at Local Burger.

Unfortunately I can’t be there on the 20th.

Not this year, at least. Right?

Totally, I plan on being as active as I can be once I move, especially for cannabis.

2 Likes

Welcome to N.H. I hope you enjoy your stay and eventually move. Although I am new to the group, I have experienced the warmth of like minded people who support your philosophy. It is indeed uplifting.

1 Like

hi scott! i’m also moving :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d encourage you to be active for everything! The best thing we can do is support each other in whatever movements, demonstrations, and actions to reduce government and its violence on peaceful people that we can. If each only partakes in his own personal interest areas it’ll take a lot longer to accomplish anything. But by joining together to fight causes we can accomplish a lot more.

I’m active in police accountability, Bitcoin activism, free software (though not so much strictly in NH), cannabis protests, and whatever else I can find time to partake in. A lot of it is just showing up to events to support others whom have a particular interest in a given area that are fighting for some particular freedom.

2 Likes

I plan on arriving in Keene Sunday April 9 early afternoon, heading to Concord and Manchester the 10th and 11th (in no particular order) and Portsmouth on the 12th before returning to Indianapolis. I plan on being at the meetup at Local Burger on Sunday, am open to any suggestions on things to see, people to meet while I am there.

Anyone having or knowing of a room for rent for the night on any of these dates please let me know. I could also get by with someplace to park my van for the night.

1 Like

So, no suggestions?

Hi Scott - sorry for the lack of replies. We’re still trying to encourage people to use the forum more often. I’d recommend planning to attend Social Sunday at 6pm at Local Burger at 82 Main St. There’s a good chance you’ll be able to find crash space or parking space while at said meeting.

I’m definitely going to be at local burger, anything I should check out in the afternoon?

Some of our tourist attractions have shut down in some respects due to new events and decentralization, but there there other interesting things to do and places to check out still, and we’re getting new things to do and places to see as well as more people move in. There is a new golf course for instance that is being opened by a fellow mover. I doubt anything else will be happening specifically on Sunday afternoon- but we do have events that conflict with each other pretty frequently. There are more things going on here than one has time for let alone can go to given conflicts of events.

More realistically some interesting places to check out in Keene on Sunday afternoon probably include places like 101 Local Goods. It feels to me like a touristy kinda place, but apparently it is very popular with the locals. My love affair with it is that they take Bitcoins and other crypto currencies. There is also a Bitcoin vending machine at this business.

Another place nearby I’d recommend going is Kirby’s Q in Alstead. While most people like the BBQ (as do I, but…) I’m obsessed with the home made sweet butter. I’m trying to get the owner to start selling it at 101 Local Goods in Keene. Alstead isn’t in Keene, but is nearby. Probably about a 20 minute drive from Keene. It’s a great little spot and they take Bitcoins as well.

Another place that some of us like to go for lunch in Keene is Pizza Down Under. The owner might start taking Bitcoin at some point here too. He came off to me as being quite interested in learning more about it not that long ago. The main stumbler in many cases is owners finding the time to add the payment option. In any event it may be a good place to meet you at if you want to get some lunch on Sunday.

Yea- there are a few places in Keene that aren’t too bad price wise too if you consider staying at a hotel/motel. I know you’d rather find some place to crash, but I thought I’d just mention a few hotel/motel options just in case.

Other movers to Keene like David have recommended the Keene Inn (a motel) if you can stomach the bed bugs, cock roaches, and police presence (I haven’t stayed there and this is probably an ?exaggeration?, basically it isn’t the fanciest place to stay in town is all I’m really saying, but it is cheap, though the police really do frequent the parking lot and some people have caught them running all the cars in the parking lot on a number of occasions). Another mover Daryl, I think, seems to dislike this place as it is definitely a lower tier motel.

The hotel that has worked well for me in terms of price and service (as its middle of the road) that I stayed at prior to moving up here in Keene was the Days Inn. It was probably in the $75-85 price range and it included a decent continental breakfast.

Hi Scott. Welcome to the Shire. Don’t listen to penguin about the Keene Inn. It’s not that bad and was recently remodeled. You could also try Airbnb.com for rooms to rent in people’s houses. See you at Local Burger on Sunday.

Great, thanks for the recommendations I’m adjusting my schedule to get in around noon looking to have lunch at Pizza Down Under around 1.