Hi Guys!

So I’ve kind of been lurking in the shadows for about a year.  Some of you have probably met me already.  I’m the girl with the neon red hair.  My name’s Karen Elizabeth, and my husband, daughter and I moved here in 2013 in hopes of finding a place where our family could set down roots.  At the time, I didn’t know much about New Hampshire other than the fact that my parents lived here and were offering me free child care on the weekends.  What I found after moving, though, is more than anything I could have ever hoped for.

Prior to moving, we were hard-pressed to find anyone who agreed with us and our free-thinking viewpoints.  We had few friends.  We voluntarily isolated ourselves from society because we were scared of our daughter being taken away by the state for no reason.  We had resigned ourselves to being our only friends.  Our goals are simple: We want to chase our dreams and live our lives in peace.  We don’t hurt people–on the contrary, we do what we can to help any person we come across who needs it.

Last summer, we decided to give Hempfest a shot.  It was during Hempfest that I met the person who would later lead me to this website.  I was told about this forum awhile ago, and, to be honest, have been so caught up in living life that apparently I never got on and said hey.

Hempfest also introduced us to our favorite band.  Hempfest was pivotal in our life for so many reasons.  Between the free-thinking individuals I’ve met in this state and the soul-shattering, mind-bending music I’ve found (that was my first music festival.  I know–I’m late to the party!), the lifelong friends…the everything.  Our family will call New Hampshire home for many years to come.  My hope is that, eventually, there will be enough people who want actual freedom (not “freedom”), that we can work together and enact some real change in the ridiculous oppression that we are all subject to. 

I’m bad at intro’s.  Please feel free to ask me whatever!  We’re always looking for new friends! 

Welcome, Karen

Hi Karen. That’s a great, heartfelt story or your renaissance in New Hampshire. I see that Gilford is north of Manchester not far from a lake. It looks very isolated. I hope you and your family are enjoying life. I’m planning on visiting NH July 18-21. Not sure exactly which places I’ll hit, but Keene and Manchester, and perhaps Portsmouth should be on the list.