Hello Keeners

I am Kallen. New to Keene, but not to New Hampshire. You can call me a part-time Free Stater or a cherished friend of the FSP. I have done several media features highlighting the movement and tremendous efforts of the one and only Ian Freeman.

After learning that the FSP ceased communication with Ian Freeman last year, I will be focusing my efforts in promoting Free Keene as a liberty alternative instead of the FSP.

I have known Ian ever since that the state has been throwing him in jail for ridiculous reasons. I look forward to meeting him in-person next month and welcome the opportunity to meet some of you.

1 Like

Kallen,

Thank you and welcome. I’d recommend promoting the Shire Society rather than Free Keene. Free Keene is a blog that chronicles the activism happening across the state, and Shire Society is a decentralized movement that competes with the Free State Project.

Hi,

Welcome. I’d actually suggest promoting a variety of events and organizations where you can. While the FSP has its issues its still got events and publicity material the Shire Society and various other events are currently lacking in. The FSP events for now will be more attractive due to better publicity materials to more people interested in freedom and New Hampshire. Other events are getting off the ground for which a bunch of us here have been promoting as an alternative to Porcfest. One new event is Somalia Fest. It aims to be like the good old days of Porcfest’s past. However there aren’t pictures or other publicity material to be seen given it’s a new event. It’s site (http://somaliafest.com/) doesn’t have the same level of development yet as it lacks a history. If you are able to make it I’d encourage checking it out. The event is being held back to back with Porcfest at the same camp ground. Somalia Fest is being held June 16 - June 20 and Porcfest is being held June 21–25, 2017. Somalia Fest is being run by a different group of people.