Happy $2,000 BTC Day!

Amazing, especially considering that there is a geek civil war going on behind the scenes.

2 Likes

it has to keep going up so people don’t get mad about the fees.

1 Like

WOOO!!

Happy $2K BTC! :sunglasses:

Yea- I was thinking the same thing. The higher fees suck, but I’m making out ultimately.

But in all seriousness, if these higher fees dont get solved then this could result in an exodus from the coin, right? You and I know its not what we want from a cryptocurrency, so this could be the first real bitcoin bubble.

There was a big bubble after the big spike in 2013. This could be the next one, but the question is when will this one pop?

Yes, the fees are a deal killer for bitcoin. IMO the reason it’s doing so well is because it’s coasting on the momentum it has from years of success and more importantly the merchant integrations. The other coins don’t have any merchant POS support to speak of.

Yup- your right Ian. Unfortunately we’re all too wrapped up in keeping things going. The projects we’re already involved in. Maybe we’ll have a new mover or two this summer that’ll be of the sort who can help with something like this. Unfortunately those who can do are a rare breed.

I think it will pop when merchants start taking something other than BTC, when that happens all the BTC users will jump to whatever that other crypto is.

Maybe Dash? I’m not as up on what is happening and the little I look into it every once in a while (on forums and such) I see ignorance abound by those picking sides and then attacking whatever else remains out of fear and scaremongering nonsense. It’s likely undermining some of the best advances. The reality is along the lines of this. If Z.Cash is better than Dash or Bitcoin, but FUD gets spread, it ends up we don’t get the anonymity. But Dash wins not because it has the best solution for anonymity- but because it brings out a competing POS and has a working system for advancing its promotion. That is assuming Dash can actually overcome the first mover advantage that Bitcoin has in its adoption.

Less than 2 weeks later and here comes 3000.

I think there’s going to be a temporary pullback soon, although it will retrace back up again, as it does. But it’s all good, regardless. Bitcoin has been nice to me.