Free state family has arrived

Hello friends,
My family and I are fsp signers and now officially movers. We are currently staying with at my brother’s place just across in Windsor VT.
We just made the move from Michigan and packed up as much as we could after I was laid off from a seven year machine operator job. We are wanting to end up in the Keene area but will go to just about anywhere in the wife and I can find work.
So, this is were I ask my fellow free staters for help.
No, we are NOT asking for any kind of hand out just a line on any jobs, cheap housing. We literally coasted in on fumes and are down to very little cash.
My wife and three kids are currently crashing at my brother’s place but we don’t want to over stay our welcome and while he and his family are fine people (he’s a cop and needles to say doesn’t share our veiws).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I’m looking forward to meeting many of you soon.

2 Likes

Welcome. I sometimes post jobs I see around town on the Jobs subforum under the Shire Society area. But I’m not very good at it.

I recently saw signs at Hannaford and the West St/Ashuelot Mobile station.

What kind of machine operator are you? I know a cnc machine shop paying people $30.hr.

LOTS of jobs available in Carroll and Belknap Counties.

1 Like

Welcome Axle,

Coming in on fumes will make the move more difficult - I hope you find work quickly and can make this your new home.

1 Like

The growing season has started (for those without greenhouses)
The trout are biting.
Turkeys abound.
Squirrels abound.
Samm

2 Likes

I made lots of weed clones. Time to bring them outside, and find some homes for them.

2 Likes

matrixarms.com is Free Stater friendly. Brian @ Manchester Fri afternoon meetup is a machinist. Caleb (not Dwyer) is a machinist. You can probably find him on Facebook.

1 Like

Welcome and best of luck! This is the season where a lot of restaurants are hiring if you have any experience there.

1 Like

the temp agencies in Keene might be able to get you machine operator jobs.

This link may help you find potential employers:

https://www.nhes.nh.gov/media/job-fairs/index.htm

The one job fair I went to this year was a crazy experience. There were so many employers and so few looking for work, I felt like a meatball in a dog pound.

There’s a facebook group called FSP Housing Search, that’s all I know.

Congratulations on your move! Best of luck!

2 Likes