Author Topic: Kurt's Trial : October 2nd, 1:30pm  (Read 25243 times)

Offline Coconut

• Shire Moderator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Kurt's Trial : October 2nd, 1:30pm
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
I propose this thread for giving Kurt help/suggestions as well as tracking progress of his upcoming trial.

Charges:
Stop sign violation
Class A Misdemeanor Disobeying a Police Officer

Trial
October 2nd, 1:30pm  Keene District Court

Offline Coconut

• Shire Moderator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt's Trial : October 2nd, 1:30pm
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:57:48 PM »
We'd have to ask Kurt for sure, but I'd guess he's being charged under:

265:4 Disobeying an Officer. –
    I. No person, while driving or in charge of a vehicle, shall:
       (a) Refuse, when requested by a law enforcement officer, to give his name, address, date of birth, and the name and address of the owner of such vehicle;
       (b) Give a false name, date of birth, address, name and address of the owner of such vehicle, or any other false information to a law enforcement officer that would hinder the law enforcement officer from properly identifying the person in charge of such motor vehicle;
       (c) Purposely neglect to stop when signaled to stop by any law enforcement officer who is in uniform or who displays his badge conspicuously on the outside of his outer coat or garment, or who signals such person to stop by means of any authorized audible or visual emergency warning signals; or otherwise willfully attempt to elude pursuit by a law enforcement officer by increasing speed, extinguishing headlamps while still in motion or abandoning a vehicle while being pursued;
       (d) Refuse, on demand of such officer, to sign his name in the presence of such officer;
       (e) Refuse, on demand of such officer, to produce his license to drive such vehicle or his certificate of registration or to permit such officer to take the license or certificate in hand for the purpose of examination;
       (f) Refuse or neglect to produce his license when requested by a court or justice, or refuse to surrender to the director or to any authorized employee of the department or other authorized representative of the director any license, registration certificate or number plate upon demand after suspension or revocation of the same.
    II. Any person who violates any provision of paragraph I of this section may have his or her license or privilege to drive and any registrations issued in his or her name suspended. In addition, any person who violates the provisions of subparagraphs I (a), (b), (d), (e), or (f) of this section shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
    III. (a) In addition to the penalties listed in paragraph II, any person who violates the provisions of subparagraph I(c) shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and shall be fined not less than $500.
       (b) Any person who violates the provisions of subparagraph I(c), and is involved in a motor vehicle accident which causes serious bodily injury as defined in RSA 625:11, VI while being pursued, shall be guilty of a class B felony.
       (c) Any person who violates the provisions of subparagraph I(c), and is involved in a motor vehicle accident which causes the death of another while being pursued, shall be guilty of a class A felony.

Offline Sam A. Robrin

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:18:48 AM »
Appropriately, October 2 is the birthday of Gandhi . . . and Groucho Marx.
"No revolutionary movement is complete without its poetical expression. If such a movement has caught hold of the imagination of the masses, they will seek a vent in song for the aspirations, the fears and hopes, the loves and hatreds engendered by the struggle. Until the movement is marked by the joyous, defiant, singing of revolutionary songs, it lacks one of the most distinct marks of a popular revolutionary movement; it is a dogma of a few, and not the faith of the multitude."  — James Connolly
____

...the freedom songs are the soul of the movement. They are more than just incantations of clever phrases designed to invigorate a campaign . . .  We sing the freedom songs today for the same reason the slaves sang them, because we too are in bondage and the songs add hope to our determination that 'We shall overcome...  We shall overcome someday.' — Martin Luther King
___

"Newer and Bluer Meanies have been sighted within the vicinity ...There's only one way to go ... Singing!"  —John Lennon

Offline research101

• Longtime Member
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Home Foods ~ Buy Food or Buy a Farm
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »
Appropriate, indeed...  ;)

A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. Mohandas Gandhi ...

and Gandhi's most famous quote:
 "Be the change that you want to see in the world."

This is absolutely what Kurt has demonstrated.  

May I see your papers please?
Hell NO!!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:15:04 AM by research101 »
""None are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe"

Offline jzacker

• Dedicated Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
Kurt has to tell us his side before any sort of 'defense' can be strategized.  I haven't heard his side.  Did he post his story?

Or, if he isn't planning on defending himself (in their justice system), then who cares what the charges are?

Offline Coconut

• Shire Moderator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
Bump.

This trial is in regards to the Roxbury incident.

Offline J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Shire Admin
  • Experienced Member
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »
Richard called in and said Kurt got 180 days for contempt. Calls are coming in now; the ones I have are attached. The 14:01 one is Richard’s call.

L · NHLA · NH-CLOG · MVTU · MFP

Dildo Faggins

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 02:31:16 PM »
Seriously?

For being late?

Offline J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Shire Admin
  • Experienced Member
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »
Kurt’s on his way to the hospital.

The ambulance driver/firefighter (?) stole Ian’s camera.

Porc411 call from Richard attached. 14:37.

L · NHLA · NH-CLOG · MVTU · MFP

Offline Coconut

• Shire Moderator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
Ian has his camera back. I just left the hospital and last news was Kurt was headed for Xrays. They wouldn't let Auburn back yet to see him.

I have the audio of him being pushed into the wall. Am in a rush now and will have to post later

edit: He did have feeling in his legs when Auburn touched him on the stretcher on the way out. He sure was yelling a ton though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:37:40 PM by Coconut »

MatteBlack

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
I'm surprised that kurt squeezed by without a contempt of court charge at yesterdays trial, and wondering what's happened at todays? The Porc411 updates don't sound so reassuring thus far.  :\-
I think I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Offline Sam A. Robrin

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
I'm writing this from the hospital, where we're waiting for word on what's happened to Kurt.  He received 180 days' contempt of court, then was transported behind closed doors, where the unconfirmed word is that Rivera pushed him over, possibly breaking his neck.  More news as I receive it.
"No revolutionary movement is complete without its poetical expression. If such a movement has caught hold of the imagination of the masses, they will seek a vent in song for the aspirations, the fears and hopes, the loves and hatreds engendered by the struggle. Until the movement is marked by the joyous, defiant, singing of revolutionary songs, it lacks one of the most distinct marks of a popular revolutionary movement; it is a dogma of a few, and not the faith of the multitude."  — James Connolly
____

...the freedom songs are the soul of the movement. They are more than just incantations of clever phrases designed to invigorate a campaign . . .  We sing the freedom songs today for the same reason the slaves sang them, because we too are in bondage and the songs add hope to our determination that 'We shall overcome...  We shall overcome someday.' — Martin Luther King
___

"Newer and Bluer Meanies have been sighted within the vicinity ...There's only one way to go ... Singing!"  —John Lennon

Offline ⓮™

• Longtime Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
Latest update from Ian via porc411 attached.

Sounds like Eli Rivera attacked Kurt while handcuffed and injured Kurt's neck.  Not much else is known at this point.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."  - Frank Zappa

Offline Coconut

• Shire Moderator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
Kurt is physically okay according to a txt message I have received.

And from a brief look at HIPAA, the regulations they were citing when blocking and stealing people's cameras, it is complaint based, and the patient has every right to allow cameras around him.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:31:49 PM by Coconut »

Lithium.45

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »
Smashed a handcuffed man into a wall and possibly broke his neck?! WTF! un-fucking-believable!